How Little Do Reporters Know About Firearms/Laws?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

How Little Do Reporters Know About Firearms/Laws?

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

This little... :roll:

Driver Shot and Killed a Man He Says Threatened Him at a Miramar Intersection
By CHRIS PERKINS
SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL |
SEP 29, 2021 AT 1:43 PM

MIRAMAR — A man was shot and killed by a driver at a Miramar intersection after he walked up to the driver’s car, banged on the window and door, and allegedly threatened the driver, police said.

The shooting happened about 2:40 a.m. Wednesday at the intersection of State Road 7 and Miramar Parkway when the driver was stopped at a red light, according to Miramar police.

The driver told police had a gun in his car and was afraid the man was trying to get into his vehicle. Police said the driver fired one shot, killing the man, who was pronounced dead by first responders.

Police said the driver and a witness called 911, and the driver spoke with officers when they arrived.

The driver was detained, according to Miramar police spokesperson Tania Rues. It’s not yet known whether the driver will face charges, she said.

Police said Wednesday that the driver has a concealed weapons permit, but they’re not yet sure if the gun he used is registered.

There’s no indication the driver and victim knew each other, Rues said.

Chris Perkins
chperkins@sunsentinel.com
South Florida Sun Sentinel

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/brow ... story.html
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

In most cases, I think the media actually know the law but are attempting to "gaslight" the sheeples towards their andi-gun/liberal position. In this particular case, though, I think the reporter may actually have been "unaware" of FL law. I'd think it kinda hard to gaslight people on the concept of "registration" knowing all that is known about FL law.

Still, they might give the ol' "college try."
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

If this is any indicator.....

Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
tector

Post by tector »

“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
jimmac

Post by jimmac »

My favorite is the "OFFICER'S SERVICE REVOLVER" when the police have been carrying semi auto weapons for many years.

Or "SEMI- AUTOMATIC SERVICE REVOLVER"
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, add a bag of Doritos, and we have a picnic.
It's a beautiful day, watch some idiot come along and screw it up.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER, RETIRED FIRE LIEUTENANT. FORMER AUX POLICE OFFICER, FORMER POLICE COMMISSIONER
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

"high powered semi-auto military hardware sprays 650 bullets per minute and it automatically reloads itself!"

Would be hilarious if it weren't poisoning the sheeples conceptions
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

When newbs (typically from Commie states) ask me "Where do I register my firearm here?", I tell them to take it inside the police department and hand it to the officer at the counter...he'll register it. :lol: :lol:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

tector wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:57 pm Image
I noticed this back in the late 70s, when I was in radio.
I attended a lot of events that got press coverage. It seemed every time the reported attended a different event than I did.
My take was the opposite of the Gell-Mann effect. I thoughts, if they get that wrong, why would I believe they get anything else right.
I quit reading newspapers then, except for humorous stories I could talk about on the air.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

That's my experience. Look at how the Vietnam war was twisted. That's why I look at history of any kind with a couple pounds of salt.

Nothing new:

"The American press is a shame and a reproach to a civilized people. When a man is too lazy to work and too cowardly to steal, he becomes an editor and manufactures public opinion.”
― William T. Sherman

Though I consider him reprehensible, use their tools against them.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.