Here's yer DST bitching thread (w/ WSJ update on efforts to reform)

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
gforester

Post by gforester »

As much as I hate the Chicoms, they have it right on time zones. One fuckin time zone for the entire country. There, now nothing to complain about.
tector

Post by tector »

“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

6:43 am ↑ (93°) 6:37 pm ↑ (267°) 11:54:13 +1:39 5:25 am 7:55 pm 5:52 am 7:28 pm 6:20 am 7:01 pm 12:40 pm (59.1°) 92.367
Note: hours shift because clocks change forward 1 hour. (See the note below this table for details)
13 7:42 am ↑ (93°) 7:38 pm ↑ (267°) 11:55:52 +1:39 6:24 am 8:55 pm 6:51 am 8:28 pm 7:19 am 8:01 pm 1:40 pm (59.5°) 92.392

March 12, we had 11hours 54minutes 13seconds between sun rise and sunset.
March 13, we will have 11hours 55minutes 52seconds between sun rise and sunset.
Daylight saved 1minute 39seconds sort of. The worst is the astronomical noon was 1:40. :lol:
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

tector wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:13 pm How about this?

https://www.unz.com/isteve/daylight-sav ... ompromise/
GTF outta here. That is worse than DST! Get rid of it like Indiana and the other states did. Florida don't need no stinkin' federal approval. F*CK'em!
gforester wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:39 pm As much as I hate the Chicoms, they have it right on time zones. One fuckin time zone for the entire country. There, now nothing to complain about.
If you complain - off you go to the Gulag re-education camp! F*ck the Chi-Coms and their minions, the brain dead zombie libitards in charge here.
Last edited by Flame Red on Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
tector

Post by tector »

Update! The Senate has spoken:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/598 ... -permanent

Momentum is gathering for sure. The current energy crunch helps (those of you old enough to remember the 70s may recall the moves then, but that was temporary).
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Please please pick a time and leave it the f**k alone!
avmech

Post by avmech »

zeebaron wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:17 pm I never understood the point of DST, though it seemed to be enacted as some dumb way to more productivity out of the work force during the winter and simplify paperwork so you wouldn't have to change employee shift starting times throughout the year.
um.....standard time is what we have in the winter months, we just changed to DST............for the summer

and agree with 45caldan.......pick one and stick with it!!!!!!!!!!!!
I found an excellent gun control law we should all follow. It's called the Second Amendment.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Here’s my view on this. For me it’s no big deal changing the clocks. But for me, full time DST is the WORST. For those with 8-5 jobs, during the winter you’d have to get up, & drive to work in the dark. That would totally SUCK!! Matter of fact, over the years I remember thanking God when we went back to EST in the fall for that reason. So full time DST would TOTALLY SUCK, while full time EST would be OK. I can certainly live with the sun going down at 7:30 instead of 8:30 during the summer. But if I was still working, I could not deal with the sun coming up at 8 AM. So I wonder if those crusading for full time DST have 8-5 jobs. Any state that hates changing the clocks has the right to blow off DST. And while the Fl Gov’t has voted for full time DST, the Fed’s have to OK it. So if Florida hates changing the clocks twice a year, they can simply vote to go full time EST, but for some reason unknown to me, they don’t. Wonder why? GARY.
tector

Post by tector »

N4KVE wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:30 am Here’s my view on this. For me it’s no big deal changing the clocks. But for me, full time DST is the WORST. For those with 8-5 jobs, during the winter you’d have to get up, & drive to work in the dark. That would totally SUCK!! Matter of fact, over the years I remember thanking God when we went back to EST in the fall for that reason. So full time DST would TOTALLY SUCK, while full time EST would be OK. I can certainly live with the sun going down at 7:30 instead of 8:30 during the summer. But if I was still working, I could not deal with the sun coming up at 8 AM. So I wonder if those crusading for full time DST have 8-5 jobs. Any state that hates changing the clocks has the right to blow off DST. And while the Fl Gov’t has voted for full time DST, the Fed’s have to OK it. So if Florida hates changing the clocks twice a year, they can simply vote to go full time EST, but for some reason unknown to me, they don’t. Wonder why? GARY.
EST is part of God's time. We've become a Godless nation. The Antichrist is going to run amok in our land with DST, and we will be destroyed with him accordingly.