Suppressor walk-off question

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
armedpolak

Suppressor walk-off question

Post by armedpolak »

Got my first two thread on suppressors earlier this week and experienced walk-off on the .22 DeadAir Mask. Luckily no baffle strike. So I started reading… some recommend teflon tape or blue lock tight.

What do you guys do to prevent walk-off?

What about the thread adapter on my Walker PPK/s .22? After tightening the silencer better the adapter started to come off with the silencer lol…

AP
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

Loctite the adapter on. I usually don’t use anything on my threads just crank it on hand tight and check every few mags to make sure it’s not loosening. A little Teflon tape can help too.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

armedpolak wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:56 pm What about the thread adapter on my Walker PPK/s .22?
How you like that PPK/s?

I almost bought one a year or so back but ended up getting a M&P Compact 22 instead. Still kinda want one though.

Runs good? Have you tried subs in it?
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

NorincoKid wrote:
armedpolak wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:56 pm What about the thread adapter on my Walker PPK/s .22?
How you like that PPK/s?

I almost bought one a year or so back but ended up getting a M&P Compact 22 instead. Still kinda want one though.

Runs good? Have you tried subs in it?
Ran few hundred rounds so far, zero issues, including 45gr CCI subsonics (the 970 fps not the 710 fps, those don’t cycle in my Ruger Mark 4 so didn’t bother trying). Love the way gun looks and shoots especially in James Bond configuration lol also got aftermarket thread adapter for it that looks nicer than one made by Walther, as well as mag mods to turn 10rd into 13rd mags. Love everything about the gun!
Got the parts from https://www.taylor-tactical-supply.com/