Estate sale advice on found pistol

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
revelation

Estate sale advice on found pistol

Post by revelation »

In the process of cleaning, my Dad found his friend’s pistol. It is a Smith & Wesson K-38 Combat Masterpiece model 15 .38 revolver. I found the original box, manual, warranty card, and receipt. It actually turns out it was his older brother's pistol. Jesse’s brother was a Secret Service agent, and the bill of sale states, "John Corey and the next line says Secret Service. It was purchased in 1973. I am interested in it because of the history, but my Dad is the estate executor and thinks I need to do an FFL transfer. Any suggestions on how to handle this? :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by revelation on Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

No need to get a FFL involved. It’s a private sale. Write up a bill of sale if it makes you feel better. GARY
revelation

Post by revelation »

I did discuss that with him. He does not want a shred of paper trail coming back to him, whether it is the sale of the house, truck, or firearms.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

revelation wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:27 pm I did discuss that with him. He does not want a shred of paper trail coming back to him, whether it is the sale of the house, truck, or firearms.
If he is the executor of the estate he needs a paper trail of any transaction regarding any assets of the estate.

He'd better get a good attorney to guide him through the process, because it's clear he doesn't know what he is doing.
Let's Go Brandon
revelation

Post by revelation »

Ricordo wrote:
revelation wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:27 pm I did discuss that with him. He does not want a shred of paper trail coming back to him, whether it is the sale of the house, truck, or firearms.
If he is the executor of the estate he needs a paper trail of any transaction regarding any assets of the estate.

He'd better get a good attorney to guide him through the process, because it's clear he doesn't know what he is doing.
I appreciate your input. Yes, he has an excellent attorney. I used the term paper trail wrong. I will have him consultant the attorney about the how the bill of sale works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk