Traffic

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Spikes40

Traffic

Post by Spikes40 »

What happened to the traffic on this board? there are like 8 guns for sale in BST... what caused this board to die?
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Spikes40 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:56 am What happened to the traffic on this board? there are like 8 guns for sale in BST... what caused this board to die?
The economy?
My posts kill threads.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

cvasqu03 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:31 pm
Spikes40 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:56 am What happened to the traffic on this board? there are like 8 guns for sale in BST... what caused this board to die?
The economy?
That would be my problem as far as guns are concerned.
I simply can't afford to buy anymore guns.
Thankfully I have the bases pretty well covered.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

The economy?
If the economy was so bad, there’d be plenty of used firearms for sale. Experience has shown me when someone needs cash TODAY, the first thing they sell is a gun. I remember a good customer at SS came in one day with a bunch of guns he bought from us, & regularly shot at the range. They were all for sale because he had to come up with a few thou that day, or his Mom would be living in the street. Needless to say, he took a bath on that deal, but his Mom didn’t lose the roof over her head. Good son. GARY.
Spikes40

Post by Spikes40 »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:28 am
The economy?
If the economy was so bad, there’d be plenty of used firearms for sale. Experience has shown me when someone needs cash TODAY, the first thing they sell is a gun. I remember a good customer at SS came in one day with a bunch of guns he bought from us, & regularly shot at the range. They were all for sale because he had to come up with a few thou that day, or his Mom would be living in the street. Needless to say, he took a bath on that deal, but his Mom didn’t lose the roof over her head. Good son. GARY.

Exactly my thought as well
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

The economy?
Yeah, but if you get to the point that it's been bad so long everyone already sold all their stuff and nobody can afford to buy anyway, you'd get less traffic.
My posts kill threads.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

The economy?

The issue is the economy sucks but so does the political conditions. That is a bad combination and people are worried about the election consequences. All things considered people are really worried more than ever and are not selling guns. Ammo seems to move quick so I am willing to bet that is where the money is going. Interesting times we are living in!
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

I would bet that the site crashes had a bit to do with the decrease in traffic.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

My comment above may not reflect on the traffic here but someone mentioned the economy and I was just saying that is my problem and I assume MANY others.
I SHOULD be selling off more of my guns but I'm down to (nearly ) the bare minimum and am just trying to hold on tight to what I have!

The last couple I sold here where really painful for me to let go ( "Cajunized" CZ SP01, for example).
tector

Post by tector »

45caldan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am My comment above may not reflect on the traffic here but someone mentioned the economy and I was just saying that is my problem and I assume MANY others.
I SHOULD be selling off more of my guns but I'm down to (nearly ) the bare minimum and am just trying to hold on tight to what I have!

The last couple I sold here where really painful for me to let go ( "Cajunized" CZ SP01, for example).
Also, inhibiting the sale of guns: FOMO, due to political uncertainty. And I don't just mean, oh if the if the Dems get elected across the board, there will be severe gun control (maybe, maybe not). But I mean the prospect of real street violence if the Dems DON'T get elected. We all saw some of the worst rioting in US history in 2020 over some trashy street criminal croaking. If Trump gets (re)elected, I could see a total freakout by the Left, with all kinds of violence, much, much worse than 2020. I am not "predicting" it, just saying it is entirely possible. Under those conditions, the gun you could privately sell today for X might be worth 5X in November. It's like after the CAT5 with the people who have not prepared--they'll pay anything for gas, etc. Same would go for guns in this worst case scenario.

Saw Ron Paul on with Tucker recently, expressing his fear of some "Black Swan" event soon. The man has been prescient on so many things, it is hard to discount his concerns.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”