Looks like Nassau County got it right.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

Looks like Nassau County got it right.

Post by N4KVE »

Surprisingly NY got something right. Now girls in competitive sports will compete against girls, not boys. GARY.
https://abc7ny.com/transgender-athletes ... /14456759/
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

N4KVE wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:26 pm Surprisingly NY got something right. Now girls in competitive sports will compete against girls, not boys. GARY.
Wow, for a moment I thought you might have meant Nassau County, Florida (i.e. Callahan, Fernandina Beach, Hilliard, etc.). :mrgreen:
avmech

Post by avmech »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:29 pm
N4KVE wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:26 pm Surprisingly NY got something right. Now girls in competitive sports will compete against girls, not boys. GARY.
Wow, for a moment I thought you might have meant Nassau County, Florida (i.e. Callahan, Fernandina Beach, Hilliard, etc.). :mrgreen:
Same here :lol:
I found an excellent gun control law we should all follow. It's called the Second Amendment.
Wizard78

Post by Wizard78 »

Little by little, I believe small municipalities will start showing that they aren't as woke/liberal compared to the large cities in blue states. In NY, from what I've seen, a large geographical area of the state in conservative but outnumbered in populations by the large cities.
"Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one."
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Wizard78 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:12 am Little by little, I believe small municipalities will start showing that they aren't as woke/liberal compared to the large cities in blue states. In NY, from what I've seen, a large geographical area of the state in conservative but outnumbered in populations by the large cities.
I concur with this. You might have seen this map from me before... a county by county listing of where each one stands in NY in re: gun rights. Those in red are totally restrictive, and those in green are almost not restrictive. It's old and may have changed, but I think it's still accurate.

Even in the "pink" areas (or light red), I'm told it's not impossible to get a permit (i.e. Saratoga County & Vicinity). The "redness" around NYC is obvious. Tompkins and the county to the Southwest is red as the county seat of Tompkins County is City of Ithaca, the home of Cornell Univ. and Ithaca college. Weird, since it's also the birthplace of the "Ithaca Shotgun Company," before they moved to Ohio.

To the west, we have Genese county, just to the East of Erie county. This would be the home of the Attica correctional facility. Pretty straightforard there.

Otherwise, there are reasonable chances to get a permit, even in the yellow areas.