.45 suppressor on 9mm question

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
armedpolak

.45 suppressor on 9mm question

Post by armedpolak »

How well, compared to dedicated 9mm can, will .45 suppressor work on 9mm handgun in terms of decibel reduction?

I JUST pulled the trigger on the DeadAir Mask 22LR suppressor and am itching for another one, but wanna know if the dedicated 9mm and .45 are worth it or will just the .45 caliber one suffice and work "good enough" on 9mm, .40S&W, etc, etc...

AP
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

It's not really possible to answer that question perfectly as it will always depend on the suppressor, the ammo and the gun you're using. That being said, I will chime in with something.

Several years ago I was on a suppressor forum and Thompson Machine offered up a special on a limited run of a variant on their 45ACP QMF suppressor. Their QMF is a 45 caliber wet suppressor that they claim would take Gemtech Multimount adapters and was good for multi-caliber. This limited run was for a slightly shorter version they called the QMF-CQ (BTW, QMF stood for quiet mother F*****). They were selling it for only $299 with no adapter but as I already had a Multimount I figured I'd bite. At some point during the wait I went ahead and purchased the adapter to use on a 1911 in 45 ACP and one to use on a 9mm. When I took both the QMF and the Multimount to the range, I tried them both out in the same UZI SBR and I honestly couldn't tell the difference. The QMF worked as well on those subsonic 9mm rounds as the Multimount had. That's just my experience though.

BTW, when I purchased it they told me they had several of these just sitting around so if you contact them, they may still have them in stock for that price, but I think the regular price was over $500. If you'd like, PM me and I'll send you a link to the thread where this was offered.
My posts kill threads.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

I purchased the Rugged Obsidian 45 in FDE and already purchased 1/2-28 piston and 9mm end cap... YouTube says that 45 can is also one of the quietest 9mm suppressor... form4 filed... I can't wait to find out...
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

I run a dead air ghost m 45 silencer on 9mm and it sounds great. I think the tone is a tiny bit better than my dedicated 9mm resilient RSP- however the RSP is significantly smaller and lighter.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

I may just get the Obsidian 9 as well cuz I’m a snob ;) so far my cans are all integral…

ArmedPolak
https://vorbrodt.me