DeSantis throwing support behind Texas in its fight against Biden and USSC

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

DeSantis throwing support behind Texas in its fight against Biden and USSC

Post by tector »

“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

This whole issue is politically fabricated. Texas could defeat the substance of the Feds' argument simply by moving the barriers back 200yrds from the border. None of these court cases are about Texas' right to defend their borders. The cases are about Texas' ability to prevent BP/ICE from having access to the border. An issue with a long precedent record in favor of the Feds. This is just more of our taxes being spent on political rhetoric/campaign optics.
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
Casual

Post by Casual »

jr81452 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:45 pm This whole issue is politically fabricated. Texas could defeat the substance of the Feds' argument simply by moving the barriers back 200yrds from the border. None of these court cases are about Texas' right to defend their borders. The cases are about Texas' ability to prevent BP/ICE from having access to the border. An issue with a long precedent record in favor of the Feds. This is just more of our taxes being spent on political rhetoric/campaign optics.
You're not wrong, little wag the dog political theater in an election year. .... wouldn't surprise me if we hit Iran proper after yesterday's loss of troops.
Last edited by Casual on Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

jr81452 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:45 pm This whole issue is politically fabricated. Texas could defeat the substance of the Feds' argument simply by moving the barriers back 200yrds from the border. None of these court cases are about Texas' right to defend their borders. The cases are about Texas' ability to prevent BP/ICE from having access to the border. An issue with a long precedent record in favor of the Feds. This is just more of our taxes being spent on political rhetoric/campaign optics.
The SCOTUS latest ruling about TX's barriers is because it isn't right on the border. It is further inland in the park. SCOTUS ruled that TX's actions are thus "inhumane" since it is illegal detention without any due process of a person since they're in the US, but blocked by razor wire and illegally detained.

Historically, the courts have ruled with the Federal Government's stance that immigration and border enforcement is a purview of the Federal Government and not of the States. But at some point, the States must have some form of recourse for challenging the current situation under the Constitution. Gov. Abbott is arguing that Article I, § 10, Clause 3 of the US Constitution does give TX the right to do what they're doing since they believe the Federal Government has failed.

That's where it gets interesting.

In the end, a lot of this is a Dog and Pony Show. When Republicans have power, they do nothing. In my experience in traveling across FL when I worked LE (a number of cases involved illegal immigration), the loudest Trump Republicans who wanted border security were also all the ones who hired the most illegals for their businesses.

Republicans want cheap labor.
Democrats want cheap votes.

Neither party cares about the common working class American (native born or legal immigrant).
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Casual wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:06 am
You're not wrong, little wage the dog political theater in an election year. .... wouldn't surprise me if we hit Iran proper after yesterday's loss of troops.
DeSantis is flag waving on this and staying silent on Open Carry. Easier for him to fight the Democrats on this than fight his own Republican Supermajority Legislature to pass legislation that he claims to support.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA