Open & Campus Carry Bill filed as of Jan 9 at 8:54am

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

REDinFL wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:09 am Not RINOs, moles.
Your typical Republican is anti-gun, pro-big business cronyism, pro-big government authoritarianism, pro-religious fundamentalism, and pro-racist/bigot. They don't like the idea of the "hired help" having access to arms just as much as Southern Jim Crow Democrats didn't like the idea of freed slaves having access to arms.

Folks who are small government, fiscal conservative, pro-freedom minded are the real Republicans In Name Only. They only stick with the Republican Party because they have nowhere else to go and the GOP has a great public relations campaign where they make people think that as a political party, they adhere to the same beliefs.

Look at what HB 1 is this year. A bill going trying to limit teens on social media. As a parent, that is MY RESPONSIBILITY, not the government's. That's the Republican Party's top priority in the Florida House this year. Keeping teenagers off social media. That's like trying to keep a dog from crapping in the street.

Teens are going to be teens and this bill, if passed will just make them want to be on it even more because government is saying it is bad and icky for the childrens.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
TACC

Post by TACC »

Agreed, with all of fellow members here, primary these bitches out and get some real conservative, gun loving people in there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

There is no such thing as a PRO-GUN politician, some may be less anti-gun but not one is 100% pro 2nd Amendment.

:shock:
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Miami_JBT wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 am
FfNJGTFO wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:49 pm
How convenient!

Then it's time to start primarying these creeps.
Who are you primarying? Renner? He doesn't care. He's term limited and after November, he's done.

This is why term limits are dangerous.

You want to go after someone? Go after DeSantis. He promised he would support Open Carry. So far, he's silent.
Well, DeSantis is just as term limited as Renner, it would seem. Maybe he has an extra year or two on him in FL, but... To be honest, I don't think he even has a shot at the WH in 2028, let alone 2024.

To answer your question, I'd be primarying as many of my local and surrounding legislators as I had power to primary or influence others to primary. In this case, we have to cut out the entire cancer... not just a little bit of it.

And, TBH, I'm much more concerned about DeSantis' silence on Red flag laws. I know... I know... we both want different things.

If you don't mind my asking, why are you so strong on OC? What will it do for you? Because it really won't do all that much for me. Although I do support it for those who want it, I will still continue to carry concealed. Having OC established, I think isn't going to benefit the majority of our pro-2A community in the State. OTOH, having Red flag laws eliminated and Civil Asset forfeiture felonized would be of instant benefit to almost all 2A supporters, as any of us can be a target for having our property confiscated without just cause and due process of law (5th & 14th amendments). To me, that's a much more pressing concern.

I think we're both on the same page, Luis. I just think we have different priorities.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:20 pm
Miami_JBT wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 am
FfNJGTFO wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:49 pm
How convenient!

Then it's time to start primarying these creeps.
Who are you primarying? Renner? He doesn't care. He's term limited and after November, he's done.

This is why term limits are dangerous.

You want to go after someone? Go after DeSantis. He promised he would support Open Carry. So far, he's silent.
Well, DeSantis is just as term limited as Renner, it would seem. Maybe he has an extra year or two on him in FL, but... To be honest, I don't think he even has a shot at the WH in 2028, let alone 2024.

To answer your question, I'd be primarying as many of my local and surrounding legislators as I had power to primary or influence others to primary. In this case, we have to cut out the entire cancer... not just a little bit of it.

And, TBH, I'm much more concerned about DeSantis' silence on Red flag laws. I know... I know... we both want different things.

If you don't mind my asking, why are you so strong on OC? What will it do for you? Because it really won't do all that much for me. Although I do support it for those who want it, I will still continue to carry concealed. Having OC established, I think isn't going to benefit the majority of our pro-2A community in the State. OTOH, having Red flag laws eliminated and Civil Asset forfeiture felonized would be of instant benefit to almost all 2A supporters, as any of us can be a target for having our property confiscated without just cause and due process of law (5th & 14th amendments). To me, that's a much more pressing concern.

I think we're both on the same page, Luis. I just think we have different priorities.
Repealing RFOs is my goal. This bill took a step forward in doing that.
charliedwsr

Post by charliedwsr »

"The key is to attack DeSantis and put him on the spot. He uses the excuse of the Legislature not submitting bills to repeal the issues cited, thus he won't expend political capital. My strategy has been to work with allies in the Legislature, like Rep. Beltran, and have a billed filed."

"Now, DeSantis cannot excuse himself from the issue at hand since I have him on record openly supporting Open Carry."

Gov. Dingaling will do nothing for no one except the billionaires that bankrolled his laughing stock of the planet Presidentual Run.

PONTUS in 2028? I have a better chance of being President than he has!

The truth will be revealed on July 1, 2024 when the New Florida Laws take effect.
“Show me a hero and I’ll write you a tragedy.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

https://www.gunowners.org/fl01182024/

We aren't pulling our punches. That's just the start too
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

DeSantis said this yesterday when he dropped out:

"We can't go back to the old Republican guard of yesteryear -- a repackaged form of warmed-over corporatism -- The days of putting Americans last, of kowtowing to large corporations, of caving to woke ideology, are over."

That is what's exactly happening and been happening in FL with gun rights. If he stays silent, you know where he stands.
charliedwsr

Post by charliedwsr »

Dippycadoo stands with the billionaires that bankrolled his $150+million campaign joke! The next two years he'll do whatever THEY SAY, hoping they'll be stupid enough to bankroll him again in 2028. :lol:
“Show me a hero and I’ll write you a tragedy.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald