NYT hit piece on Lake City (unpaywalled--scroll down)

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

NYT hit piece on Lake City (unpaywalled--scroll down)

Post by tector »

https://www.spaywall.com/search/https%3 ... tings.html

LOL, murderers buy ammo from there!!!

Takes a few seconds to load. You might have to scroll down a bit--I am using a paywall remover on this link. Not a cent goes to the NYT.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
George W

Post by George W »

I am truly dumber after having read that. It could have been written in just a few lines.

Lake City is an Army ammunition making facility that is ran by a private entity. The most common round they make in that plant is 5.56/.223. By contract, the company running Lake City can sell up to 30% of Production on the civilian market. This keeps the plant open, its workers trained, and saves the government $90 million per year. Since the bulk of 5.56 and .223 ammo made in the US is made in this plant, and the AR15 is the most commonly sold rifle in the US, some ammo used in crimes was made here.

Think the NYT will offer me a job?
tector

Post by tector »

George W wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:49 am I am truly dumber after having read that. It could have been written in just a few lines.

Lake City is an Army ammunition making facility that is ran by a private entity. The most common round they make in that plant is 5.56/.223. By contract, the company running Lake City can sell up to 30% of Production on the civilian market. This keeps the plant open, its workers trained, and saves the government $90 million per year. Since the bulk of 5.56 and .223 ammo made in the US is made in this plant, and the AR15 is the most commonly sold rifle in the US, some ammo used in crimes was made here.

Think the NYT will offer me a job?
If you are a handicapped black trans woman illegally from Haiti, yes.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
George W

Post by George W »

tector wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:25 am
If you are a handicapped black trans woman illegally from Haiti, yes.
Since we live in a world where it only matters what I identify as, who are you to say that I am not? Bigot.
tector

Post by tector »

tector

Post by tector »