First it got me,then it got my dog.......

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TonyR

First it got me,then it got my dog.......

Post by TonyR »

My GSD came down with a limp in her left hind leg.Had the vet come over and check her out,cancer.Got her an xray,the bump has gotten bigger in the last couple weeks,she can't walk on it,shes on pain med's now.Tomorrow I've got the vet coming over to put her to sleep and end her pain.Oct 1 she turned 9 . At least she'll be pain free when she crosses the Rainbow bridge. REST IN PIECE Andi .....

Theres a picture of her on the second page.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
tector

Post by tector »

Very sorry to hear this, Tony. It's tough to lose a true and faithful friend.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

So very sorry for your loss.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

I understand. Lost a few dogs over the years. Hurts a lot.

Then I think of getting another and swear I never will.

But somehow I always wind up with one someone just could not keep. Not sure about this one though. She is going to outlive me by far I think.

German shepherd. My wife is getting her trained up for search and rescue. Lors is she smart. She is picking up on all the basic commands quick. Sit stay lay beg she has down pretty well. More training to go yet though.

Oh and the GSD is loving the training and do well also.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

She'll be sitting on my desk Friday,along with the others I've lost over the years.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
George W

Post by George W »

I am not ashamed to admit it, but I still shed a tear every day for my best friend, Pedro. We lost him in March. If dogs don't go to heaven, then there is no God.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Sorry to hear. That day was the worst day of my life. My wife, & I swore we’d never get another, but a few years later on a local Facebook forum, one was not in a happy home, & needed rescuing. We took her home, had her snipped, & the three of us couldn’t be happier. But I still miss my little boy. GARY.
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

Sorry Tony we had to put down Mojo our 14yr old last Nov. Gracie our soon to be 17yr old will be crossing the rainbow bridge soon she is having trouble getting up, can she is in pain. I'm going for mammogram for lump on left chest I might not be too far behind. If so I can at least stop worrying about a major earthquake.
joel

Post by joel »

So sorry Tony. Really is a heartbreaker. Our pets are family (not "like" family, but they are actually family.... maybe closer to us) I've had my share of heartache and it is painful. Maybe take some video now, so that you can remember and review. These babies become part of our daily lives, and are missed as we pass their empty favorite spot on the couch, or the mail brings a postcard announcing a scheduled upcoming vet visit.

It hurts. Makes even tough men "go out for a walk" or "take a drive" to mourn the loss and memories.
neonnight34609

Post by neonnight34609 »

Very sorry to hear about your loss. i just went through this about a month ago. 12-year-old pit woke up having breathing issues. Took her to the emergency vet they saw a mass in her lung and thought maybe it was an infection but they were pretty sure it was cancer. with fingers crossed we went home with meds, after a week of antibiotics, steroids and me sleeping on the floor with her, we got another X-ray and it spread like wildfire (cancer) we got a second opinion and got the same answer. Even know her blood work was perfect, she had 3 masses and lung cancer. i have put dogs down before, but this one hurt my bad. 2 weeks later i was at the rescue looking and came home with a pit puppy not realizing that it was 10 years to the day at the same shelter that i got the dog i just put down. It was a little sooner than i expected but i was really having a hard time with the loss of my dog. i guess what i am trying to say is i feel your pain.
Common sense isn't so common these days