Albuquerque Is About To Become The Safest City!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Albuquerque Is About To Become The Safest City!

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Why didn't other Governors think of this? Absolutely brilliant! When the criminals and gang-bangers learn of this, they'll start leaving their guns at home...

:roll:

https://apnews.com/article/albuquerque- ... 58975724d7

New Mexico Governor Issues Order Suspending the Right to Carry Firearms in Public Across Albuquerque

FILE - New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham speaks at the Arcosa Wind Towers, Aug. 9, 2023, in Belen, N.M. Grisham on Friday, Sept. 8, issued an emergency public health order that suspends the open and permitted concealed carry of firearms in Albuquerque for 30 days in the midst of a spate of gun violence.

BY MORGAN LEE
Updated 8:55 PM EDT, September 9, 2023

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on Friday issued an emergency order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque and the surrounding county for at least 30 days in response to a spate of gun violence.

The Democratic governor said she expects legal challenges but was compelled to act because of recent shootings, including the death of an 11-year-old boy outside a minor league baseball stadium this week.

Lujan Grisham said state police would be responsible for enforcing what amount to civil violations. Albuquerque police Chief Harold Medina said he won’t enforce it, and Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen said he’s uneasy about it because it raises too many questions about constitutional rights.

The firearms suspension, classified as an emergency public health order, applies to open and concealed carry in most public places, from city sidewalks to urban recreational parks. The restriction is tied to a threshold for violent crime rates currently only met by the metropolitan Albuquerque. Police and licensed security guards are exempt from the temporary ban.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

The governors about to become unemployed is how thats going to pay out.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Bernalillo County District Attorney Sam Bregman made clear Saturday he will not be enforcing New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham’s (D) 30-day ban on concealed carry. We'll see...

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment ... carry-ban/
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

Every cop should remind the governor they can not obey an unlawful order as determined by the Nuremberg trials

They should have the option of replacing the title "governor" with Meine Fuhrerin to drive the point home
tector

Post by tector »

Liberal cuntocracies are the absolute worse.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Y'all are such pessimists. The ban is already working, see! (I'm pretty certain the shooter in this matter hadn't yet been informed of the ban)...

https://www.koat.com/article/deadly-sho ... e/45060402

Police Investigate Deadly Shooting in Southeast Albuquerque

Updated: 11:01 AM MDT Sep 10, 2023
Vince Rodriguez

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —
Police are investigating a deadly shooting in the southeast Albuquerque.

According to Albuquerque Police, officers responded to a report of a shooting near Dallas Street and Bell Avenue on Saturday morning. When officers arrived, one person was found to be shot and was taken to a hospital. That person later died.

Police officials say officers at the scene learned someone who may have been involved in the shooting was seen entering an apartment. Officers determined there wasn't enough information to issue an arrest warrant for that person, so homicide detectives continue to conduct their investigation.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

If Florida only had a governor this wise.

She would ban hurricanes from coming to Florida. Why hasn't anyone done that to protect the children?
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Wow, do I feel dumb! All the work and preparation, putting covers over the windows, moving stuff off the porch, getting extra food, getting the generator into position. And all I would have needed was something as simple as a ban. Darn, those pieces of paper are tough.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
tector

Post by tector »

She's been cuntblocked in federal court already.

https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerque-m ... gun-order/
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

Fwiw. In some states, whenever the state's Attorney General refuses representation to a state official that has been sued, that state official is the one liable for any monetary responsibility arising out of that case.

I do not know if New Mexico is one of those states but I can imagine that that could serve as a deterrence for acts that fall outside the scope of official acts and duties.
Let's Go Brandon