Private Sale Rule

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
charliedwsr

Private Sale Rule

Post by charliedwsr »

I haven't been to a gun show in a while so I'm wondering are there actual changes at shows since the 'Joe's the boss' Gun Show Rule?
“Show me a hero and I’ll write you a tragedy.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

No
Redaxe

Post by Redaxe »

Until recently I, too, hadn't gone to a gun show in several years. Now, many or most larger shows in West Central Florida do not allow private sales of firearms, I learned.

This seems to be due to a county regulation of public buildings or because a show operator is fearful of wild liability claims.

This is a bummer for me since I have to liquidate my collection of handguns account bad health

The shows at Brooksville and Lakeland allow private sales, so that's where I'll have to go.
Mannlicher

Post by Mannlicher »

You can always just exchange contact info and conduct your perfectly legal business elsewhere
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Mannlicher wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:25 pm You can always just exchange contact info and conduct your perfectly legal business elsewhere
Exactly, agree to the “sale”, walk out together, & go to the nearest parking lot to complete the transaction. And just because there’s a sign at the door showing “no private sales” doesn’t mean it’s enforced. There’s always a sign at the Palm Beach show stating that, but nobody gives a crap, & I’ve seen many transactions take place in the hall. GARY.