Anybody use one of these here newfangled S&W FPC folding carbine thingees?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Anybody use one of these here newfangled S&W FPC folding carbine thingees?

Post by tector »

“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
George W

Post by George W »

I thought about it, but went with a Henry Homesteader instead. Once supply catches up, I will get the magwell for it that allows M&P mags.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

I haven't used one personally but saw a video of Jerry Miculek reviewing one and it was running perfect. doing better groups at 100 yards than some rifles. Not with standing, Jerry could out shoot most all of us drunk and blindfolded.

My nephew just got a HK sp5, put a silencer on and has a brace and was shooting better than rifle groups at a 100yds using Russian steel case ammo.

And there is the henry homesteader, and Ruger PC carbine takedown. All show good shooting.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I'll be on the lookout. I have an M&P pistol, so it would make some sense. While others claim to have M&P mag wells, they're on the shelf alongside hen's teeth. My only other system is my usual carry ppks, for which there is no carbine :P .
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Not the S&W folder.

I've got a Beretta CX 9mm carbine, uses my same Beretta pistol mags.

I can see the use of a folder for certain circumstances, I just don't generally need one.

If anything, now I would lean to a dedicated AR9, not one that has a mag filler block or special mags like the older ones. The new one's typically use Glock mags in a smaller purpose designed mag well.

The Beretta shoots fine, is quite accurate out to 100y, but is blowback, so has little more recoil and muzzle rise, also a bit of a spongy trigger, even after the upgrade. I shoot some PCC matches and would like the quicker follow up shots of an AR.

Not in the least bit the guns fault, but one issue I've run into with the Beretta shooting PCC, is we always shoot some parts of some stages weak hand, and that puts my left (now trigger) finger directly over the mag release, and I've been bumping the mag release on recoil.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

tector wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:21 am https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/fpc/

I do not but am a huge fan of the m&p 2.0 series. Have one of the newer metal version 2.0 pistols. Really nice trigger. Super comfortable grip. Look forward to seeing one of the carbines however I am pretty deep into the MKE sbrs and the colt 9mm sbr. Can name week points of both the above but not the smith version.
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

We've sold several at my shop. People who bought them love them. I prefer the keltec sub2k but to each their own.
tector

Post by tector »

Molivo wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:13 pm We've sold several at my shop. People who bought them love them. I prefer the keltec sub2k but to each their own.
Good to hear. I handled one in a store recently but it was too short as configured. My understanding is they are tool adjustable, so next gun show I'll see if there is one not configured for midgets.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

This may be of interest to me. I've been consolidating calibers, somewhat biased to one direction, but this might just have me keeping my 9mm. M&P and stick with that system. Possibly get a pocket 9 of some kind, and dispense with my .380s
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Spikes40

Post by Spikes40 »

the problem is it is not a free float barrel and the optic can only mount on the barrel.... will never hold a zero. the guy at the range next to me was running into this and the range officer and i had a long discussion about it