Review of KelTec P17 22LR

Pistols of all descriptions.
Outgunu

Review of KelTec P17 22LR

Post by Outgunu »

Finally found a KelTec P17 at a good price($189), at a police distributor here in Jacksonville. Pretty nice very light, 17 round 22 if your in the market for one. The review I posted on their website is below:

Looks a little funky with all the nuts and bolts, but just got back from the range after shooting 150 rounds of three different types of ammo and it ate them all with gusto and no misfires. The included three 16 round magazines are a big plus. The magazines are a little tough to load at first, but by the end of my range session they got much easier to load. The gun comes with a threaded adaptor if that's your thing but I haven't used it thus far. First few mags I wasn't getting the accuracy that I expected. I then concentrated on where the trigger broke and reset and was getting much better groups. The trigger reset isn't as easy to feel as a GLOCK but you can feel the light click of reset if you do your part. Overall this is a fun reliable hi-cap gun at a great price. Note: The P17 is pretty hard to find here in Jacksonville Fl., If you can find them, they are marked up around $50 over the suggested retail that KelTec recommends. GT Distributors here in Jacksonville had them under the suggested retail price and I want to thank them for not price gauging like the other stores. Thank You!
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

A buddy of mine has one and let me run a mag or 2 through it. Like you say, it's a little funky looking but it's a tack driver if you're doing your part. Ergos are good, capacity is good but the trigger takes a few rounds thru it to sort it out. I'm thinking of getting one for myself.
"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Been looking at these too.

Glad to see positive experiences with them. By any chance you try any subs in it?
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

Didn't have any on hand to test. But I did shoot some non high velocity rounds and they functioned just as good as the hi velocity did. If you want subs for a suppressor they aren't really needed because the non hi velocity ammo normally isn't supersonic out of a handgun.