Pellet gun for iguana assassination?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Pellet gun for iguana assassination?

Post by tector »

We have some iguanas that need to meet their maker. Given my location (suburban Broward), a true firearm is out. I've found no local ordinances barring air gun use (looked at city and county), so I'm looking at some pellet guns. Given it is Broward, you can presume most neighbors are gun-ignorant Democrats, so discreet is better. Getting SWATted over a frigging lizard would be annoying.

I've preliminarily concluded that .22 is probably better than .177 for this purpose; rifle over pistol; and staying subsonic is the way to go (another reason to favor .22). If any of this sounds off to you, let me know.

Seems like one of the Gamo rifles is probably the way to go, but they have a variety of offerings. Any reason to prefer one over another (or to go with another brand)?
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

I have a Gamo hunter pro in deuce deuce, 1000 FPS for life is the guarantee on the rifle.

It's loud, louder than CB caps for sure, and very accurate.

Another suggestion would be subsonic .22 lr in a revolver. It's actually quester than my air rifle.

This is the ammo I'm talking about.
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gea ... /p/1400259

IT doesn't pack the same wallop that the air rifle doesn't but it'll dispatch them quietly.
tector

Post by tector »

Big_mike wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:49 am I have a Gamo hunter pro in deuce deuce, 1000 FPS for life is the guarantee on the rifle.

It's loud, louder than CB caps for sure, and very accurate.

Another suggestion would be subsonic .22 lr in a revolver. It's actually quester than my air rifle.

This is the ammo I'm talking about.
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gea ... /p/1400259

IT doesn't pack the same wallop that the air rifle doesn't but it'll dispatch them quietly.
Yeah but if the cops show up, there might be issues. Again, it's a surburban area in the most commie county in the state. I thought about it, since I already have a .22 revolver, but I could see bracelets first, questions later.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

The Gamo hunter is not quiet, my neighbors believed it was a .22 rimfire of some sort.

The Gamo whisper might be the ticket.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

My BIL had a similar problem, different vermin, here in Kommie Mosquito County.

I happened to drive buy and saw him hunting for said vermin on the side of his house. I was quite surprised that his Kommie neighbors did not have him swatted as from that distance you really could not tell if he was using a real gun or an air gun. We all know that the Kommie gun grabbers are all experts and would have reported him as a crazy armed active shooter, armed with a machine gun. He was just lucky the local LEO that patrols did not drive by. Luckily he was not swatted.

He failed to dispatch the vermin...

So the lesson is you might want to have a lookout out front to intercept LEO if they come out on a call even if you use an airgun.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

The Marauder is pretty dope.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Iguanas in Longwood ?
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

I got my son the Stoeger S3000-C and we're both loving it. Certainly capable of disposing small varmint.

https://stoegerindustries.com/airguns/s3000-c-compact

It's not as compact as the name implies; I'm 6'4" and shoot it comfortably...
Gregmp15

Post by Gregmp15 »

Bought a Hasan Turkish made .22 wood
Stock pretty accurate one pump like 150$
Would not shoot here they are safe lol
George W

Post by George W »

If I am not mistaken, air rifles can be suppressed too. Just a thought.