Has anyone changed a Door Latch Lock Actuator on a Nissan Versa?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
charliedwsr

Has anyone changed a Door Latch Lock Actuator on a Nissan Versa?

Post by charliedwsr »

2010 model year, complicated by I can't get the door open?
“Show me a hero and I’ll write you a tragedy.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Charlie -
I have not, but my 2014 Nissan Murano has the same problem on the front passenger door. Neither the key fob nor the lock control on either of the front doors will unlock the lock - it has to be opened manually from the inside using the passenger door handle. This is the latest in a series of electrical/mechanical failures in this car. About 18 months ago, I had a problem with the windows and rear hatch spontaneously opening. I'd go out to the car in my driveway in the morning or go to the parking lot to leave after work, and my windows would be halfway down or the hatch would be open.

I spent almost $500 to replace the lock actuator in the front passenger door, and now having the problem you're having. I'm done with Nissan products - sticking with Toyota or Honda from now on.
gforester

Post by gforester »

Nissans were fine vehicles, until Fiat took them over.
charliedwsr

Post by charliedwsr »

I bought the car from a neighbor. A one owner with only 89,000 miles.

Trust me, as soon as I find another Corolla not priced to the moon I will see about buying it.
“Show me a hero and I’ll write you a tragedy.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

gforester wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:49 am Nissans were fine vehicles, until Fiat took them over.
Years ago I worked at an auto A/C shop. We got real busy in the summer as people weren’t in a rush to fix their A/C in the winter. But come spring, we’d buy lots of inventory to be ready for the summer madness. The 90’s Corolla’s, & Accords were our best customers. The evaporators would all leak, & had to be replaced. At least 2-3 a day. We never saw a Nissan product in our shop. Maybe the odd blower switch, but we never replaced a single evaporator on a Nissan. We were so busy fixing those cars in the summer we’d refuse brake jobs, tune ups, & other maintenance jobs that we’d gladly do in the winter. So I’m very surprised to read the OP. GARY.