Bank fail and Social Security

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Outgunu

Bank fail and Social Security

Post by Outgunu »

Why are billionaires being reimbursed over the insured bank deposit limit amount? These are the same people that don't pay Social Security on all the money they make. But now we have to bail them out and they fight to not help Social Security out by paying their share. The rich get richer on everyone else back. Getting pretty sick of this crocked stuff...
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Try living off of SSID,it'll make ya really sick.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

My neighbor tells me he and his wife get about $5K a month on social security. That's more than any of my kids make working a job. If you put in close to the full amount it's enough to live on.

Don't know what it will be when I retire.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

TonyR wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:22 pm Try living off of SSID,it'll make ya really sick.
It all depends on how one lives. I started SS at 62. My wife started at 67. Small mortgage, she leases a Hyundai @ $210 a month. I have a used car I paid for in cash. We live in a nice development in WPB. We’re comfortable, & happy with our 2 year old I-Phones we got cheap from someone who has to have the newest model the day it comes out. OTOH my friend is the manager of a large car dealer making big $. One day he’ll drop dead from the stress, but he told me he’s jealous of me because he can’t afford to retire, paying for his huge house even though it’s only him, & his wife. Newest car, & all the newest toys. He keeps asking if there’s a condo where I live, & I tell him there’s plenty, but month after month he keeps paying for his huge house, & he can’t afford to retire at 71, my age. Great guy, he’s stuck in a rut. GARY.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I don't collect SS because they raised the retirement age for me during Regan. Meanwhile, if I did collect SS, the total cost of Medicare would eat up all my SS.

The problem is that the Kongress spent all the $ in the SS Trust Fund already and replaced them with T-Bills. Same with the Transportation Trust fund where the gas tax goes.

But my wife's multi-millionaire uncle, he collected SS till he was almost 100. He was a ultra Libitard. He always complained that the rich did not need SS but he never refused a dime!

Please notice that most of the depositors of Silcon Valley Bank were Demorat/Kommie donors and libitards. The people in East Palestine OH were Trump voters. See how it works?

And Barney the Fag who gave us the regulations was on the board of Signature Bank. The Kommies will use this crisis to implement Central Bank Digital Currency to replace the $. That way when they cancel you, they can lock you out from buying anything since there will be no cash anymore. What will the Mafia and Drug dealers do?
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

It is all about how you prepare for retirement.
I was planning on waiting for number 70 before retirement, but I did retire at 69 due to becoming my wife's medical caretaker.
My wife started taking Spousal Benefits when I hit 66.
She was a housewife most of our marriage, with only about 25 quarters of social security credits.
She currently gets around $1200 a month, after Medicare deductions.
I currently get about $3200 a month, after medicare deductions.
We retired with zero debt; so it is now just property taxes, insurance and utility bills along with upkeep and repairs to the house.
Both cars are paid for, so it is now just registration fees, insurance, gas and upkeep on them.
Otherwise it is just grocery money, medical bills and assorted spending for things like clothing and household goods.
We still have money to eat out a couple times a week, care for 13 rescue cats in the house and the feeding a half dozen or so feral cats in the backyard every day.
The above still leaves me money to continue buying toys, and to hit the range at least once a month to burn up ammo that I mostly reload.
The wife's monthly SS check goes in to a seperate savings account every month (currently about $52,000), as a backup for big medical bills and major house repairs and remodeling.
I have so far only taken two mandatory minimum withdrawals from my IRA, and all that money went into a separate tax free municipal bond fund, that I've sofar taken nothing out of.
I have not paid a penny in income tax since I retired, as our "income" is solely social security, interest on savings accounts and the mandatory IRA withdrawals; and we still have a pad of about $16,000 for additional taxable income, before we would be liable to pay any income tax.
We live in Florida, near the Kennedy Space Center, where I worked as a contract engineer for 40 years.
So, it really does totally depend on how you planned for your retirement!
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

I am more concerned with the possibility they are covering up a situation once gone too far will become a collapse of the economy.
I don't think that will happen but my lack of trust in the government as well as any objectivity from the media means we don't have any idea of what is actually happening so the possibilities are endless

It's not what we know, it's what we don't know.
It's not what they're telling us, it's what they're not telling us
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

You'd have to be an idiot not to be able to live off social security if you've retiring now. Sell off the house, drive a reasonable car, and $3K-5K social security ought to be enough, even if you didn't save anything, or have a job with a pension, from back in the old days when that was a thing.

Not to say there's not those people who can't find a way to squander money.

Not sure what's going to be left of social security for our generation. Everybody I know is trying to live cheap and save up as much money as they can.

I don't know what our kids are going to do.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Not everyone gets 3-5 grand,myself SSID get WAY less than those numbers. I must be a 62 YO idiot
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

I wasn't calling out anyone specifically.

You don't get shit at 62. I just looked at my numbers for what I've put in so far.

62- $1869
67- $2655 ("full retirement age" whatever that means)
70- $3292

My 5K/month neighbor retired early at 62. I think he's in his 70s.

But I can't do that. Can you imagine what $1869 is going to be worth in 11 years when I'm 62?