Latest Changes to form 4473 - (as of 12/08/2022) Get Ready!

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
FfNJGTFO

Latest Changes to form 4473 - (as of 12/08/2022) Get Ready!

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Here's a video describing the latest changes to form 4473 that went into effect 12/08/2022. And it ain't lookin' good for 18/20 Y/Os nor people who build from 80% lowers.

REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

In the video he refers to an ATF program in Maine, something about testing out certain aspects of the new rules. Anyone know what that was?
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
tector

Post by tector »

Nothing that would ever affect me directly, but stll--complete communist incrementalist bullshit.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Here’s the actual info from the ATF website with every change. Not some blogger who only discussed a few changes. I find it interesting the ATF won’t distribute these new forms until Feb 1 2023. I understand some people seriously want the challenge to build their own gun with a combination of parts not available from any mfr, or they couldn’t legally buy one, so they buy these 80% ghost guns. To them I say “never trade your 80% gun to a FFL. Should you decide to sell it, keep it in the hands of other like minded people so it will never be assigned a ser #”. But one new question does affect me. For years I lived by 595, & 441. I didn’t live in any city, but I was within 100 yards of Ft. Lauderdale, Plantation, & Davie. And now in Palm Beach, I again don’t live in a city, but I’m 100 yards from West Palm Beach, & a half mile from Royal Palm Beach. GARY.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/atf-form-4 ... -revisions
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

And walking the WPB show today, none of the FFL’s I spoke to had the new form. Their attitude was “we’ll start using them when the ATF decides to send them to us. We’re not printing any”. GARY.
tector

Post by tector »

Hard copies are not available until February, not mandatory until April 1.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

From what I'm seeing, some changes are simply to modernize the form to address modern reality and practices. The biggest problem is they're adding a couple more "gotcha" questions that you could accidentally get wrong. Most troubling to me is the question about whether you live within city limits. Some people have addresses in a particular city but don't necessarily live within city limits and if they answer yes, they've now committed a crime by lying on the form. :evil: I think the obvious solution for that one is to check off the third box "don't know" just in case. Still, what bothers me is their obvious intentions in these changes. FFL's are going to have to be more pro-active in letting their customers know about some of these changes.
My posts kill threads.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

They could be trying to ensure dealers or buyers comply with local laws? That if you live in a city with a ban, you can't bring the gun into that city. Doesn't mean you can't possess it outside the city.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

The "non binary" choice in question 14 should be an instant disqualifier. If you can't figure out if you're a man or a woman, you should be a prohibited person. 18A and 18B should have been combined. No need for them to be separate questions.
tector

Post by tector »

lighteye wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:46 pm The "non binary" choice in question 14 should be an instant disqualifier. If you can't figure out if you're a man or a woman, you should be a prohibited person. 18A and 18B should have been combined. No need for them to be separate questions.
Keep your hate speech to yourself, domestic terrorist!