I-75 shut down @ Myakka River

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
flcracker

I-75 shut down @ Myakka River

Post by flcracker »

I-75 has been shut down between Jacaranda and Toledo Blade due to Myakka River overtopping the highway.

https://www.winknews.com/2022/09/30/i-7 ... -overflow/

In addition, I have heard that US 41 is closed between Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

70 and 72 in Arcadia was flooded today too.
CDI

Post by CDI »

My brother in law is trapped off of Sumpter Blvd because of the flooding. He is hunkering down until the water recedes.
Casual

Post by Casual »

flcracker wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:47 pm I-75 has been shut down between Jacaranda and Toledo Blade due to Myakka River overtopping the highway.

In addition, I have heard that US 41 is closed between Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda.
I wonder if that place you and I went hogging is under water. Probably....
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

I read the title of the post and thought it might be because of more skunk-ape activity. :D

Seriously guys, stay safe out there. Being in Miami, which is usually the place to take a hit, it's kind of strange seeing all this news and images of devastation having fared relatively unscathed. Still I know it could easily have been any of us. Let's pray everyone can make it through this OK, and help where we can.
My posts kill threads.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Casual wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:38 am
flcracker wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:47 pm I-75 has been shut down between Jacaranda and Toledo Blade due to Myakka River overtopping the highway.

I wonder if that place you and I went hogging is under water. Probably....
Considering what the SR 70 bridge over the Peace River looked like the other day, I'd say that's pretty likely.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Back open again thank god.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.