Post-storm check-in

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Devastation here in Ft. Myers. We came up to N. GA for the summer and are full-timing in our RV, so nothing personally to us, but my brother in N. Port had some damage, and friends in Cape Coral had flooding. Phones are out in the area. Brother had to drive 10 miles to get a signal to call. Said it looks like a combat zone.

Still have not been able to get in touch with our neighbors. We were 1 mile from the Caloosahatchee River and 3 miles from Sanibel.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Just quit raining here, was rough on the sleeping part last night,whatever the wind gust were this trailer was rockin a few times to where I laid there waiting to roll over,major water leaks on the trailer.Didn't lose power all night until about an hour ago, Oh well ! Hope everyone made it alright with minimal or no damage.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

A BEAUTIFUL day today, blue skies, all storm cleanup done yesterday in my neighborhood except for my neighbor's downed trees. Power came back on today after being out for 2 days. The well is pumping again, we TV for news, and even limited cell service.

My preps for next time will be even more improved.
CDI

Post by CDI »

Labelle took minimal damage. But no power since Wednesday. Luckily the weather has not been bad.
George W

Post by George W »

lighteye wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:16 am A BEAUTIFUL day today, blue skies, all storm cleanup done yesterday in my neighborhood except for my neighbor's downed trees. Power came back on today after being out for 2 days. The well is pumping again, we TV for news, and even limited cell service.

Similar take here in Plant City. My neighborhood has a lot of trees down, a few smashed houses, but considerably better than our brethren in SWFL. We lost power during the very first squall at about 11am Wednesday and still are in the dark. My preps are light years ahead of last time, but exposed flaws that need to be addressed before the next go around.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

We got very lucky in Miami. It was very stormy Tuesday night, but Wednesday was actually fairly pleasant. Very overcast and very windy but the cloud cover kept the temperature down and there was very little rain. Today was particularly nice as the passing of the storm seems to have lowered the temperatures into the 70's temporarily.
My posts kill threads.
CDI

Post by CDI »

Got my lights back on. Fpl are working like crazy getting power on. I'll be heading to fort myers tomorrow to check on my office. We probably lost about 50k worth of medicine.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Power just came back on here for me here in Mosquito County. Surprising amount of flooding in old well established areas here. A friend's daughter house was completely flooded up to the rafters.

Power crews from all over the eastern sea board are the real heroes!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Is anyone in need of help in the Hillsborough/Polk/Pasco area? My back is a right cranky POS after all of this, but I do have a 4x4 and a chainsaw.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

George W wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:39 pm
lighteye wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:16 am A BEAUTIFUL day today, blue skies, all storm cleanup done yesterday in my neighborhood except for my neighbor's downed trees. Power came back on today after being out for 2 days. The well is pumping again, we TV for news, and even limited cell service.

Similar take here in Plant City. My neighborhood has a lot of trees down, a few smashed houses, but considerably better than our brethren in SWFL. We lost power during the very first squall at about 11am Wednesday and still are in the dark. My preps are light years ahead of last time, but exposed flaws that need to be addressed before the next go around.
Do you need ice/water/chainsaw help? I'm offering it gratis if you do.