Thursday nite football blackouts

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Gunnyhiway

Thursday nite football blackouts

Post by Gunnyhiway »

California is having electrical power grid problems with blackouts. Asking people to not charge their cars and to raise their thermostats in their homes. So are they going to cut power in LA on the 80,000 seat air conditioned stadium ? :shock:

Good luck with that one.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Oh the very thought of the blowback that would kick off (no pun intended). Would never happen though.
GreyShark

Post by GreyShark »

Gunnyhiway wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:52 pm California is having electrical power grid problems with blackouts. Asking people to not charge their cars
:lol: So the grid can't handle the electric cars they already have and we're supposed to believe we can stop using fossil fuels? :lol:

Also worth mentioning there's an alternative to both fossil fuels and EV's, we can literally make hydrocarbon fuel from the atmosphere and it's carbon neutral for those who are worried about such things. The process isn't fringe or edgy at all, it's well understood chemistry and it's already been done on an experimental basis. Right now it's not cost effective compared to petroleum but if somebody actually cared about emissions and renewable energy it would be straight forward to set up factories powered by fission reactors specifically to make this fuel and let the economy of scale bring the cost down. Wind, solar and even EV's have their place in certain specialized applications but there is no way they can support modern industrialized civilization on their own. It's like all these politicians and agitators are stuck in the 1960's and haven't even considered that there are now better ways to achieve their goals.