The 15th district Republican primary is a turd buffet

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
George W

The 15th district Republican primary is a turd buffet

Post by George W »

The Republican primary for the newly drawn 15th Congressional district is a turd buffet. This new district starts around Seffner and moves in Western Polk County along the I-4 corridor, extending North to Zephyrhills and South to Mulberry. It is set up to be a powerhouse district that "should" be solidly Republican.

My choices are:
1. A bible thumping, big government theologian. (Judd's anointed one.)
2. A Whore for the Construction industry that's also in the pocket of the FRF and FDoC.
3. An outsider that appears to be a War Hawk with a dicey view of the 2A.
4. A candidate that had to drop out of her last race because of "finance irregularities".
5. A total unknown.

The choices for Ag Commissioner suck ass too.

I may just sit this whole election cycle out and vote Libertarian across the board.
tector

Post by tector »

George W wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:32 pm
I may just sit this whole election cycle out and vote Libertarian across the board.
Here in Commieland, I am a Dem for this election, since they actually have meaningful choices. Other than Ag Comm, the GOP had no real choices for where I live. So at least this way I got to vote Nikki over Charlie, since I perceive her as the lesser candidate (although DeSantis should beat either). I also chose their crappier candidates in other races.

When you are just looking for shit candidates, you will never run out of choices.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

George W wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:32 pm The Republican primary for the newly drawn 15th Congressional district is a turd buffet. This new district starts around Seffner and moves in Western Polk County along the I-4 corridor, extending North to Zephyrhills and South to Mulberry. It is set up to be a powerhouse district that "should" be solidly Republican.

My choices are:
2. A Whore for the Construction industry that's also in the pocket of the FRF and FDoC.
4. A candidate that had to drop out of her last race because of "finance irregularities".
5. A total unknown.

In the same boat as you, and I positively loathe having to hold my nose when casting a ballot. We sure are getting the dirty end of this cycle.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

George W wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:32 pm The Republican primary for the newly drawn 15th Congressional district is a turd buffet. This new district starts around Seffner and moves in Western Polk County along the I-4 corridor, extending North to Zephyrhills and South to Mulberry. It is set up to be a powerhouse district that "should" be solidly Republican.

My choices are:
5. A total unknown.

I also got moved from the 12th to the 15th. Would you mind telling us "who's who" of your choices above? I'm getting a lot of literature for Kelli Stargel and Laurel Lee. Which are they (just tell me the numbers)? AS for AG commissioner, I'm getting a lot for Wilton Simpson. Any insight would be rather helpful. I don't want to waste a voting opportunity.

Thx.
George W

Post by George W »

Lee is Tom Lee's wife. Former State Rep and Senator from Brandon. He was a whore for the construction industry and the FRF.
Stargel is the uber-religious choice, loved by all the "huge government is fine as long as it is my huge government" people.
Grimes is the Hawk.
Toledo has issues, but I like her immigrant story. I DM'd her last night with 2A questions. We'll see.
McGovern is my who???

I will vote for anyone over Simpson. He repeatedly killed open carry and Constitutional carry while running the show in Tallahassee. Another FRF shill and a general douchebag.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

George W wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:22 am Lee is Tom Lee's wife. Former State Rep and Senator from Brandon. He was a whore for the construction industry and the FRF.
Stargel is the uber-religious choice, loved by all the "huge government is fine as long as it is my huge government" people.
Grimes is the Hawk.
Toledo has issues, but I like her immigrant story. I DM'd her last night with 2A questions. We'll see.
McGovern is my who???

I will vote for anyone over Simpson. He repeatedly killed open carry and Constitutional carry while running the show in Tallahassee. Another FRF shill and a general douchebag.
Thanks much! Definitely let us know the outcome of your DM with Toledo.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Proof that the majority of Repubics are nothing more than RINO's since most voted with the Demorats for their Chip bailout, aka - feed inflation and give more hand outs to the Kommie causes. Sad, but it does not matter much who one votes for anymore - the results are the same.

Washington needs to be flushed.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
George W

Post by George W »

Still nothing from Toledo. That speaks volumes.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Flame Red wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:20 pm ......Washington needs to be flushed.
I've heard it said somewhere that politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reasons.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

George W wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:56 pm Still nothing from Toledo. That speaks volumes.
Believe it or not, I just got an "anti-Toledo" campaign flyer in today's mail. It talks about her "Liberal" legislative record including:

1) Massive Spending Increases
2) Largest Tax Increase in FL's modern history
3) NRA Rating cut from "A" to "C"
4) Failed on Stomping Illegal Immigration

Etc. etc. The back of it shows a picture of Toledo in between AOC and Pelosi, implying that she'll "fit right in" between those two.

Apparently, it (the flyer) is sponsored by "Conservative Warriors PAC," not by any other particular candidate's PAC.

Veeeeeerrrrry Innnteresting!
Last edited by FfNJGTFO on Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.