M1A / M14 Guru In The House - Lucky Us

M14s, M1 Garands & Carbines, Enfields, M1903s
RadarMan22

M1A / M14 Guru In The House - Lucky Us

Post by RadarMan22 »

Hello Gents, I don’t know if you are familiar with the name Tony Ben who posted here a week ago about being an “M1A-M14 / Garand Plumber” who moved here from Oregon in mid July(??)

If Not, and if your are interested in those 2 glorious “Old School” 7.62 and 30-06 battle rifles then you (and all of us) got Really Lucky! That’s because this guy is a Guru of considerable fame in that circle of weaponry. If you have ever watched a You-Tube tutorial about the M1A and any of the many tweaks and improvements that can be made to Tune the rifle it is Very likely that Tony Ben here is the guy who made it and published to the web.

Before all you Young Ones turn your nose up at one of those heavy, wood stocked, old-fashioned .308 / 7.62 military rifles over your tricked-out, race running AR-15’s or bad-ass, bug hole shooting tactical bolt guns you should find someone who will give you 5 rounds to put down range with their M1A or Garand…

Talk about “Old-School Cool”, and feeling the sensation from all that Heavy Metal “machinery” reciprocating among the slowed and dampened recoiling when sending those big 168 gr pills at the target…it just Feels Good!

The guys who shoot these rigs already know what I’m talking about. But for those who have never let the bolt fly home over a new magazine of these potent cartridges and felt all that mechanical glory every time you squeeze one off you don’t know what you’re missing :mrgreen:

Tony is in process to re-locate his M14 / Garand upgrades trade shop from Oregon to Auberndale, FL and I will be one of the first guys through the front door for a professional / somewhat tricky Epoxy Bedding job for one of my very favorite rifle.

I just wanted to ring the bell a bit about a new and Very Valuable “resource” who has just joined us and maybe even get some more action percolating in the “American Battle Rifles” section of the Florida Shooters Forum…

Everyone stay well, Steve
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

Yes, glad to see Tony here. He would be the first one I turn to for some work.
TonyBen

Post by TonyBen »

Sorry I missed this thread! Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am now fully licensed and up and running for business! Since my last post, I've been busy getting the shop set up. I purchased a new lathe and a mill, as well as installed air conditioning in the shop.

I'm currently finishing up my first customer bedding job since moving here.

Call or e-mail if you need anything.

tonyben@tonybenm14.com
www.tonybenm14.com
503-442-5273
Tony.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Looking forward to making time this fall to visit Tony for some long-delayed projects.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)