Good samaritan in Indiana mall shooting was a huckleberry*!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Odessaman

Good samaritan in Indiana mall shooting was a huckleberry*!

Post by Odessaman »

Here's the story the establishment media will NOT be putting out there, but the kind that needs to be rubbed in their faces. The question needs to be put to the left: would you rather your children had been in a Uvalde classroom, or the food court at Greenwood mall?
Police say it took Elisjsha Dicken just 15 seconds to neutralize a man who opened fire on shoppers at an Indiana mall — quick action they believe saved countless lives.

"The time lapse between the moment that Jonathan Sapirman exited the restroom and began shooting, and when he was shot by the civilian was only fifteen seconds, not two minutes," Greenwood Police Chief James Ison said Tuesday in a statement. "The surveillance video shows Sapirman exit the restroom at 5:56:48pm. He was neutralized by Dicken at 5:57:03 pm."

The statement corrects a previous police timeline in which authorities said the incident lasted two minutes. Police also revealed that a preliminary autopsy report on the gunman showed that he was struck eight times and died of his wounds, meaning Dicken only missed the shooter twice despite engaging the threat from a distance.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/indiana-poli ... f-10-shots

huckleberry
n. 1.a person or group that is of preference. 2. The person or people who can get the job done. 3. Someone liked. "the go-to man."
"I'm your huckleberry."
"You're the only huckleberry on the bush."

The person you would choose, the best fit for the task. (Popularized by the movie Tombstone.)

A special man for the job.

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meanin ... %202005%20.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

To be clear about all the details (I'm happy to be corrected if wrong) - the reports that I've read have stated that Elisjsha engaged the shooter at 40 yards.

Push that target back, boys. Practicing at 7 - 10 yards as a theoretcal defensive range is not sufficient.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Has anyone heard what the good Samaritan was carrying ?

Was it one of the newer carry optics red dot pistols?

40 yrds with a compact/sub compact pistol and open sights is good shootin', one of the new carry optics red dot pistols would be much easier at that range.

But a good job either way!!
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

BerettaRacer wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:25 am Has anyone heard what the good Samaritan was carrying ?

40 yrds with a compact/sub compact pistol and open sights is good shootin', one of the new carry optics red dot pistols would be much easier at that range.

All I've heard so far, the good guys' handgun was chambered for the 357 Sig.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

The difference:

* Trump would bring Huckleberry to the White House and present him with the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

* Bidumb will have the FBI pickup Huckleberry and take him away in chains, hold Huckleberry without charges, deny bail, and hold Huckleberry incognito for a couple years.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:23 am
BerettaRacer wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:25 am Has anyone heard what the good Samaritan was carrying ?

All I've heard so far, the good guys' handgun was chambered for the 357 Sig.
Well if it was a 357 sig it was no run of the mill compact/sub compact, gotta be more up into a full size to handle that kind of power.

My little sub compact 9mm Hellcat is a handful even with range ammo, and short sight radius makes it "minute of pie plate" even at closer range.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
Allme

Post by Allme »

Racer88 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:47 am Image

Millennials are a waste, glad to see the future is looking bright for Gen Z.
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

I will wager when this young mans story come out he has been raised sport shooting with his family. Similar to the Michalek`s. He is going to be pulled 6 ways from Sunday by guntubers and altmedia.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

lilwoody wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:47 am I will wager when this young mans story come out he has been raised sport shooting with his family. Similar to the Michalek`s. He is going to be pulled 6 ways from Sunday by guntubers and altmedia.
I read somewhere that his grandfather taught him how to shoot.