Florida Statute Vs Gunshop

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
sgwayne

Florida Statute Vs Gunshop

Post by sgwayne »

I purchased some guns 45 days ago. Thats how long it took to get my background approved. I go to the gun shop to pick up my guns, and they inform me I now have to wait the 3 day waiting period before they will give them to me. I said that not what the statute says.They said it was their discretion. These are fully paid for BTW. Statute below

(1)(a) A mandatory waiting period is imposed between the purchase and delivery of a firearm. The mandatory waiting period is 3 days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, or expires upon the completion of the records checks required under s. 790.065, whichever occurs later.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

NOW GO TO THE NEW MEMBER THREAD !!
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

From what I remember about the 4473, it’s only good for 30 days. When we did a lay away, it had to be paid in full within the 30 days, or it expired, & another waiting period was necessary. GARY.
sgwayne

Post by sgwayne »

Yeah I paid the the guns fully up front. And this is no small gun shop. They should know the rules. They keep saying its 3 days after approval, and its not. Its 3 days after money exchange. Which was 45 days ago
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

A Concealed Weapon License is worth the cost & effort, even if you never carry a gun a day in your life, for that reason alone.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Ok..?
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

….it took 45 days to get an approval from NICS?
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

What County? 🤔
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Odessaman wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:12 pm A Concealed Weapon License is worth the cost & effort, even if you never carry a gun a day in your life, for that reason alone.
amen to that