Who here owns a rolex watch

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I have the same one that Hunter Bidumb has. Gift from the Chi-Coms. Has a picture of the Big Guy!

Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

I have owned several Rolex watches. They always spent more time in the safe than on my wrist. Fortunately, I was always able to get (close to) my investment back. Rolex watches are good for that. The current market, especially the grey market is fucking out of control although it's starting to correct.

If you like the look of the Rolex sport watches and don't mind being called a poser by the Rolex purists, then consider a Steinhart. Excellent quality and automatic watch movements. Keeps time as good or better than any Rolex.

Here's my daily wear. 42mm Ocean GMT with a cyclops delete option. Jubilee style bracelet. It's a black dial, photo color looks different.

Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Jimmy wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:44 am I have owned several Rolex watches. They always spent more time in the safe than on my wrist. Fortunately, I was always able to get (close to) my investment back. Rolex watches are good for that. The current market, especially the grey market is fucking out of control although it's starting to correct.

If you like the look of the Rolex sport watches and don't mind being called a poser by the Rolex purists, then consider a Steinhart. Excellent quality and automatic watch movements. Keeps time as good or better than any Rolex.

Here's my daily wear. 42mm Ocean GMT with a cyclops delete option. Jubilee style bracelet. It's a black dial, photo color looks different.

That's a Good looking watch. Yes your right rolexes are a great investment. My last one I bought for 8600.00 and it went up to 12500-13500 in two years. Unfortunately I lost it in a tragic accident. It was a 16613lb bluesy my wife bought it for me for our 30th wedding anniversary. It had a lottt of sentimental value to it :cry:
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
photohause

Post by photohause »

Tropicana here.......
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Gregmp15

Post by Gregmp15 »

Have a sub with date and Steinhart frog and they don’t get any use. Tags also sit in drawer.
Too dam hot to wear a watch
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

And I bitch about having to spend $23.99 for a decent Timex,LOL,which reminds me,got the cover off for new battery but never got it back together and I hate goin' to wally world,hahaha
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
jimmac

Post by jimmac »

I went on a cruise 10 years ago.

Last day at sea they had a sale of all the junk they didn't sell during the cruise, I bought a watch for $10.00 it still runs and keeps perfect time.

Keep your Rolexs.
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, add a bag of Doritos, and we have a picnic.
It's a beautiful day, watch some idiot come along and screw it up.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER, RETIRED FIRE LIEUTENANT. FORMER AUX POLICE OFFICER, FORMER POLICE COMMISSIONER
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

I've got a Breitling that I really like, but I can't remember the last time I've worn it, or ANY of my watches...except my Garmin. I'm spoiled with smart notifications, and I use the heart rate and activity recordings often.

Sure, there are people that think fancy watches are a waste of money, and that's just fine. To me, to put on a custom made suit, high end shoes and a very nice watch is a treat. Who says you can't polish a turd?
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I just bought this one 116613lb for investment purposes. It's the super case. Well not one in photo but one just like it.

https://flic.kr/ps/3ZiGJb
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Wakko wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:08 pm I've got a Breitling that I really like, but I can't remember the last time I've worn it, or ANY of my watches...except my Garmin. I'm spoiled with smart notifications, and I use the heart rate and activity recordings often.

Sure, there are people that think fancy watches are a waste of money, and that's just fine. To me, to put on a custom made suit, high end shoes and a very nice watch is a treat. Who says you can't polish a turd?
I like the way you think Wakko :lol: