Hotwire Communications?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Bmup

Hotwire Communications?

Post by Bmup »

My HOA has decided to look into switching from xfinity (Comcast) to either Hotwire/Fission or Breezeline for TV & Internet access. Does anyone have any experience with any of these? We have been with xfinity since the early days of broadband when it was known as Adelphia. There have been minor issues over the years but never anything major. We've been pretty happy with Comcast so far.

Both Hotwire/Fission & Breezeline are in the business of taking over bulk service to HOAs and Condos and will require a 10 year contract. Our Comcast contract is up for renewal in Sept. & they only require a 5 yr. commitment.

I was just informed that since I worked in IT for 30 years, I am now the cable TV god-who-knows-all & will have to speak for the whole community with the Hotwire/Fission sales person at the next HOA meeting. (ugh) Monday night.
Putting together my list of stupid questions today, such as tech support response time, how much downtime is considered "normal" etc.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas!
"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Hotwire totally sucks. Our development had a 10 year contract, & after the first year realized it was a bad mistake. We were stuck with them another 9 years. During the last year, when they knew we were going with another company, they really dragged their feet to fix the internet which we lost for 2 months. We refused to pay our internet bill for that time, & told them to go f#ck themselves. We now have Opticaltel, & are very happy with them. Again, Hotwire totally SUCKS. GARY. Did I say HOTWIRE TOTALLY SUCKS!!!!!
https://opticaltel.com/