Gun show at Miami Dade Fairgrounds, 5/28-29.

Revenant

Gun show at Miami Dade Fairgrounds, 5/28-29.

Post by Revenant »

I used to attend this gun show site in the 90s and 2000s but haven't been to one since 2008, for a variety of reasons. I seek more recent opinions and impressions on this event. Thinking of going this time but not sure. The last two years have not made the decision easier for me, of late. Would appreciate any views from you.
tector

Post by tector »

It's pretty much just new and newish guns, although a pretty good selection of those. Since the last one we've had these slaughters in Buffalo and Texas, so I would expect pretty strong demand. That's the usual reaction.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Revenant

Post by Revenant »

That's one of my concerns. Thank you, Tector.
tector

Post by tector »

Revenant wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:59 pm That's one of my concerns. Thank you, Tector.
I went to the first gun shows after 9/11 and Sandy Hook. Wheeee! I don't expect it will be like those, but it should be stronger demand than the last few.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Revenant

Post by Revenant »

Yes, I believe that'll be the case. I'm too old to stand around and walk too much. Lol.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

There will always be a few dealers posting a sign “buy now before Brandon bans them”, while bumping the price up 10%. I always enjoyed the Miami show, so my advice is go. GARY.
tector

Post by tector »

N4KVE wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:52 pm There will always be a few dealers posting a sign “buy now before Brandon bans them”, while bumping the price up 10%. I always enjoyed the Miami show, so my advice is go. GARY.
I went to the last one. My friend bought a gun (great deal from Khaled). I bought a knife. We ate some good Cuban food right down the street, cheap. I was glad I went.

It really depends what your other entertainment options are. People say the shows are pricey now, with parking. OK--compared to what? I make a half a day of it, it's a good deal to me.
tector

Post by tector »

Revenant wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:51 pm Yes, I believe that'll be the case. I'm too old to stand around and walk too much. Lol.
The Miami show I can still do. Plus the Cuban girls will liven you up.

Now Tulsa...I am too old for that shit. Walking 4000+ tables is just too much.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

I've gotten kind of spoiled. I've been in Atlanta and have gone to several shows in the area. Just last week I went to one at the Atlanta Expo Center. Entrance was high, but parking was free and plenty. It was actually a pretty big show too. Of course it's also the show where some idiot vendor caused a negligent discharge that sent everyone running for cover thinking it was an active shooter event.

That being said I will be back in Miami next week but unfortunately won't be able to make it to the show this weekend. If not for that, I'd go. It's not as good as it was back when entrance was about $5, and parking was free, but I think it's still worthwhile if just to look around and hang with people of similar interests.
My posts kill threads.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

I'd love to go, but family beckons. It's always one of my favorites.