Another mass shooting, apparently 14 young kids dead in TX

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Another mass shooting, apparently 14 young kids dead in TX

Post by tector »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... kdown.html

Gentlemen, we are living in truly evil times.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

I think we would have a more peaceful country if we could get the politicians to just shut up and run the country. This nonsense rhetoric and plain old divisive bs is nothing more than a distraction technique. Unfortunately there are a few stupid ones that buy into all the online social media bs they see and think they are doing something to make a difference. Nope just pure evil.

Funny how this seems to Skaggs happen just before an election or when they need a distraction. Now we get to hear all about gun control being needed again.

We should be hearing about how they are going to handle the root cause problems. Mental health is chief amongst them. But alas. That would not meet their narrative. It would mean telling the sheep that they have been misled ask this time and in reality it was always the person, not the tool used. Sad.

We are getting very close to the point of no return. Some can argue we are already past it. I still have a little faith we can save this country. But I am still preparted to hold my own here on the mountain while the country is coming apart. Trust, but plan. To hell with verifying. That is not working with our current politicians.

Stay safe all and practice situational awareness. That seems to be the biggest thing people are lost at these days. They obviously cannot see the situation our current politicians have is in! Or they would be voting for someone else.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

I have a bad habit of sitting with my back against the wall,near an exit of some sort,doors,windows...
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

TonyR wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:17 pm I have a bad habit of sitting with my back against the wall,near an exit of some sort,doors,windows...
Me too. My wife keeps asking me if I think I’m Tony Soprano. GARY
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

I am going to ask the question no one in the media or government will ask:

Why was there not an armed person who could have stopped this protecting the precious children ?

It is as if governments want children to be butchered for political gain
tector

Post by tector »

Wulfmann wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:35 pm I am going to ask the question no one in the media or government will ask:

Why was there not an armed person who could have stopped this protecting the precious children ?

Fits in with their recent agendas in other areas, too.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Wulfmann wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:35 pm I am going to ask the question no one in the media or government will ask:

Just ask yourself this -
Below is a list of locations firearms cannot be legally carried in Florida pursuant to Section 790.06(12)(a), Florida Statutes, even if you have a CWL. Texas may differ slightly, but most states have a similar list. So, of all these prohibited places, why do most of them EXCEPT schools have some kind of security? As you go through the list, make note of how many mass shootings have taken place in recent memory at each "gun free" zone on the list other than schools.

1. Any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05;
2. Any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station;
3. Any detention facility, prison, or jail;
4. Any courthouse;
5. Any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom;
6. Any polling place;
7. Any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district;
8. Any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof;
9. Any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
10. Any elementary or secondary school facility or administration building;
11. Any career center;
12. Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;
13. Any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile;
14. The inside of the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or
15. Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.
Last edited by Odessaman on Wed May 25, 2022 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Every school in Polk has an armed Responder on campus.
Sheriff Judd was very influential in creating the "Guardian" program so schools like Elementary schools and others without a SRO on campus will have an armed guard.

That is my current situation now in Lakeland.
revelation

Post by revelation »

I thought that all school doors were locked from the outside during classes. Also, if the police were in a car chase in proximity of the school why was there not a lock down order issued to the school?
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

In my day and kids day the schools were wide open to anyone, but never a shooting. A stolen golf cart driven down the hallway and left maybe.

Schools should all be locked from the outside except by office where you could walk up to a window and state your business. A buzzer allows you to go into office area, then another door would be buzzed to allow in main school area.

This isnt brain surgery folks. Pretending the world hasn't turned into a shit storm of nut jobs is long over.