Update on DeSantis, Con Carry & Special Session

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

Update on DeSantis, Con Carry & Special Session

Post by tector »

https://thegunwriter.substack.com/p/bre ... lorida?s=r
DeSantis said it is just a matter of time, and he took a swipe at Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, who oversees Florida’s Concealed Weapon and Firearm Licensing program and is running to replace him as governor.

“We used to be a leader on the Second Amendment — there’s like 25 states that have already done it, and I think if you look now, you have a situation where the official in charge of these permits doesn't support Second Amendment rights. So why would you want to subcontract your constitutional rights to a public official who rejects the very existence of those rights?” he said. “So, the Legislature will get it done. I can't tell you if it’ll be next week, six months, but I can tell you that before I am done as governor, we will have a signature on that bill.”
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

I seriously hope I'm not wrong here.

DeSantis walking into the Florida House of Representatives.... 8-)

Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Yep, as soon as I saw that article drop earlier tonight, I got warm fuzzies. Here's to hoping it's sorted sooner rather than later.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Does that mean open carry too? Seems to in all the constitutional carry states I know about.
tector

Post by tector »

zeebaron wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:15 am Does that mean open carry too? Seems to in all the constitutional carry states I know about.
I wish but I doubt it. Christ, just the crybabies we get here, on a fucking gun forum, are embarrassing. Imagine our RINO legislature....
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

Yup…is not a secret there’s a bunch of gun owners will backstab you like a Democrat liberal scumbag.
I laugh every time I hear somebody say “the gun owners community” 🤦‍♂️
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

tector wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:41 am
zeebaron wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:15 am Does that mean open carry too? Seems to in all the constitutional carry states I know about.
I wish but I doubt it. Christ, just the crybabies we get here, on a fucking gun forum, are embarrassing. Imagine our RINO legislature....
You know the reality of the situation. The moment we get Const. Carry in FL (especially if it implies OC), we will get something else we don't; want... "no gun" signage that has the force of law. The Rodent and FRF will insist on it. And the legislature (RINO and otherwise) will comply. It's been proven time and time again... most recently in Texas (30.05 signage added to 30.06 and 30.07).

Be very careful what one asks for... You may get it. In this case, I think you *will* get it.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

There are plenty of "No weapons allowed" and "No guns allowed" signs in Florida already.
When I see on at the door, I just turn around and walk away, never to go there again.
If it is a business I've used before, I enter and ask to speak to the owner or manager on duty.
I tell them as long as said sign remains at the door, I will be doing no more business with them.
More times than not, the sign disappears.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Gregg wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:46 am There are plenty of "No weapons allowed" and "No guns allowed" signs in Florida already.
But none of them have the force of law. If you enter such a place, all they can do is ask you to
leave. if you refuse, then it's armed trespass... a felony. In a location where no gun signs have
the force of law, doing the above becomes an automatic felony whether they ask you to leave or
not. Furthermore, you don't see so many signs in FL now because they don't have the force of law.
The moment they do, expect them to pop up all over the place... just like the new ones did inTexas.
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:51 am
Gregg wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:46 am There are plenty of "No weapons allowed" and "No guns allowed" signs in Florida already.
But none of them have the force of law. If you enter such a place, all they can do is ask you to
leave. if you refuse, then it's armed trespass... a felony. In a location where no gun signs have
the force of law, doing the above becomes an automatic felony whether they ask you to leave or
not. Furthermore, you don't see so many signs in FL now because they don't have the force of law.
The moment they do, expect them to pop up all over the place... just like the new ones did inTexas.
I am really not interested in dealing w more signs. Sounds like potentially a ton of places (restaurants, movie theaters, etc) would add signs and potentially complicate life for those of us used to ccw everyday. Open carry without the additional restrictions for ccw, cool. Open carry with additional restrictions, no thank you. I guess if signs only restricted open carry in establishments, that might be ok. Flame away. (Ya, I get it - vote w your money and avoid the signs, blah blah.)