true Colt AR15A2 Dissipator AR6536

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
rentprop1

true Colt AR15A2 Dissipator AR6536

Post by rentprop1 »

forever people argued about weather or not Colt ever made a true dissipator, we have made a few clones over the years with 16 inch barrels and full length rifle HG's......well today we actually got one in for consignment, a true Colt AR6536 :shock: .....This Law Enforcement Restricted marked patrol rifle was a Special Ordered for the California Highway Patrol from Colt in 2002. These rifles had the front sight post moved forward so that a full length rifle hand guards could be mounted on the gun. Colt placed a low profile gas block where the front sight used to be to accomplish this and keep the carbine gas cycle. Also as you can see from the pictures the barrel under the hand guards was a graduated Heavy Barrel with a 1/9 twist. CDNN originally sold these for $1299 and only had about 40 of them, sometimes referred to as the California Highway Patrol Carbine, last one of these was mint and sold on GB for $ 5 K.....we just listed this under 3 K for the seller....Im excited just to get to hold it and take pics, there are not many pics floating around the net, even on arfcom.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Interesting set-up. I wonder why CHP needed rifle length handguards. Maybe they needed something to fit their shotgun mounts?
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

That's really sweet 😎. I have an early 2000's J&G/Doublestar Dissipator upper on the first AR lower I ever built from scratch. FSB at rifle position, low-profile aluminum gas block at the carbine position. Heavy profile 1:9 barrel as well.

Just because I like to tinker with things, I recently ordered a Spinta Dissipator barrel that I intend to swap out on it. I called and spoke with them about some details. It's a hybrid barrel contour - heavier than their discontinued lightweight Dissipator barrel (they had problems with those heating up too fast) but lighter than a conventional heavy barrel. The gas port is opened up to 0.115" for reliability (rifle position, so FSB will be functional). The guy told me that it should cycle fine with my current rifle buffer using full-power ammo, but that folks who download lighter loads run carbine buffers.

I plant to send it to ADCO to have the FSB drilled and pinned, unless someone has a preferable alternative to suggest.

https://www.spintaprecision.com/16-223- ... nsion-1-8/
16" .223 Wylde Dissipator Barrel w/NP3 barrel extension 1:8

Reliable dissipator barrel
16" dissipator barrel
.223 Wylde chamber (will also work with 5.56 NATO)
NP3 barrel extension
NP3 has a high lubricity and low friction co-efficient
1-8 twist
Nitride finish
Rifle Length Gas
.750 gas block area
1lbs 12oz
4150 Chrome Moly Steel
M4 feed ramps
Longer rifle length gas system produces smoother recoil impulse compared to mid and carbine length gas systems
1/2x28 threaded
Made in USA
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

yeah you really need a jig to drill and pin that front sight, Rick_55 and I, free handed one of mine once......ONCE.... and it came out perfect, but never again

Ive made a few over the years 16 inch barrels, Ive got the triangle HG's one, we actually welded the FSB in place because its fake and it was a $59 barrel and it was an experiment from the start so nothing lost
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

Cool rifle.

Please post what it goes for, just curious.