Morgan Ortagus (and others) removed from the Tenn. Primary Ballot by GOP party officials

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
FfNJGTFO

Morgan Ortagus (and others) removed from the Tenn. Primary Ballot by GOP party officials

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Tennessee GOP kicks Trump-backed Morgan Ortagus, Baxter Lee and Robby Starbuck out of primary

The official claim is that she hadn't lived in Tenn long enough (not sure of the requirement, though). I tend to think it's more about the "swamp" trying to eliminate "non-swampers" and Trump supporters. Just for the heck of it, Ortagus ought to run as a "Write-in" candidate if she can't be on the ticket
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

I wish more states had laws like that and enforced them to be honest. As a native, I loathe carpetbaggers like Alan Grayson that move here for the sole purpose of tipping over the apple cart and riling up the left's useful idiots. It's unfortunate in this case that it appears that US Constitution friendly folks were caught up in it this time, but as long as it is equally enforced, I see no problem with it.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

lighteye wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:16 pm I wish more states had laws like that and enforced them to be honest. As a native, I loathe carpetbaggers like Alan Grayson that move here for the sole purpose of tipping over the apple cart and riling up the left's useful idiots. It's unfortunate in this case that it appears that US Constitution friendly folks were caught up in it this time, but as long as it is equally enforced, I see no problem with it.
Part of the issue with Ortagus being (and the impetus behind any legal action she might take) is that the law was enacted "after" she had arrived and settled in the area. It appears that it was done deliberately to keep those three candidates out.

We'll see if she'll prevail based on that.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:35 pm Part of the issue with Ortagus being (and the impetus behind any legal action she might take) is that the law was enacted "after" she had arrived and settled in the area. It appears that it was done deliberately to keep those three candidates out.

We'll see if she'll prevail based on that.
I enjoy and appreciate a civil political discussion, and there aren't many places left where this can happen these days. I have an Army buddy up in Knoxville, may ring him up to get his opinion on it. He's got a little more skin in the game than we do.