Time to invoke 25th Amendment

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Springfield

Time to invoke 25th Amendment

Post by Springfield »

Biden's gaffs this week and then his denial to reporters of what he said, illustrate Biden's inability as a world leader. Time to go - before he screws thing up badly again.

Tucker Carlson makes a strong point: Biden is losing self-control and therefore dangerous to leave in power at this highly volatile time. We're on the cusp of potential war with a nuclear armed adversary, we need a president who can think clearly, speak and act in carefully chosen ways fully informed by potential future consequences.

from https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker- ... ammendment
So it would be in the interest of the United States, and that's the only interest that matters from our perspective, to cool the rhetoric a little bit. Or when you employ overheated rhetoric, to do it for a reason, in the service of a clearly articulated goal that helps the United States and not just because you're old and pissed, which is exactly what you just saw—a guy who just lost control of what he was saying because he was too mad.
Allme

Post by Allme »

So Harris will be better? :D Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire! :D
tector

Post by tector »

America elected this idiot, let it suffer the consequences.

I am never, ever voting for a President over 70. I am 61 and my brain is a shadow of it former self. Not sure how we wound up in the geriatric ward of Presidential candidates. Biden will turn 82 before a second term. Trump will be 78 in 2024. No thanks.

DeSantis or bust.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
hotspur

Post by hotspur »

Tector, you're spot on with the age thing. If my 79-year-old memory works, there's a minimum age for being elected president of 35. There should be a maximum age as well, perhaps 60. Certainly not past that.
tector

Post by tector »

hotspur wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:14 am Tector, you're spot on with the age thing. If my 79-year-old memory works, there's a minimum age for being elected president of 35. There should be a maximum age as well, perhaps 60. Certainly not past that.
There is something to be said for wisdom that accumulates over time, and the benefits of that may offset some cognitive decline for awhile. But at a certain point just raw mental decay becomes too much for some jobs. At the end his second term Biden would be 86. Do you want an 86 year old pilot on your next flight? Over the last week Biden has made several egregious errors that could unnecessarily escalate things. Enough.

As for Trump, I have never liked him, from when he first popped up on the American scene in the 80s. But he is getting more bizarre by the day. If I have to listen to another rant about windmills....
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
George W

Post by George W »

Let's be honest.... If JRB was your father or grandfather would you still let him drive? We're witnessing the most public case of elder abuse known to man. The only redeeming aspect is the staff isn't even trying to hide the fact that he isn't actually "doing" anything and that he's just a mouthpiece for the Apparatchik that actually runs .gov.
tector

Post by tector »

I think at some point he "has a stroke" or something similar.
George W

Post by George W »

tector wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:57 pm I think at some point he "has a stroke" or something similar.
Completely believable too. Anyone who has listened to him speak for more than 30 seconds will often think that he's stroking out at every pause where he forgets something simple.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Allme wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:21 am So Harris will be better? :D Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire! :D
Precisely. Harris is Biden's "insurance policy," as Spiro Agnew was for Richard Nixon.

I know I don't ever want to see "President Harris" under any circumstances. If that means we have to keep Biden for his full term, and we can win back the House and Senate in 2022 (and stop any legislation he proposes), then that's a price I'm willing to pay.
tector

Post by tector »

Well, if he "has a stroke," you are getting Harris. If it happens after 01/20/23, she would be eligible for 2 full terms after that. If it happens before, only 1.