Contact Governor & DEMAND SPECIAL SESSION FOR CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Contact Governor & DEMAND SPECIAL SESSION FOR CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY

Post by Miami_JBT »

Look, right now until August to primary our Anti-Gun Lawmakers, we can focus our attentions and energy to getting Constitutional Carry heard via a Special Session. CALL AND EMAIL GOVERNOR DESANTIS!

Tell Governor Ron DeSantis you want a Special Session to be called for Constitutional Carry via Gun Owners of America's Action Alert

You can also email him directly at governorron.desantis@eog.myflorida.com and call him at (850) 717-9337.

Instead of fighting back and forth. Make noise about a Special Session happening.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
photohause

Post by photohause »

Done!
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
tector

Post by tector »

My 2 cents: never gonna happen. You have a classic "cart before the horse" problem here. This will get shit-canned like the stuff did during the regular session did. Unless and until you inflict actual, demonstrable pain on the Florida GOP, they will ignore you for the simple reason that is has always worked before. Look at them, they have Governorship and both houses of the Florida Legislature (quite comfortably on the last two). Why risk doing something new?

The Governorship is too powerful to threaten over this--I am voting for DeSantis no matter what. Doing otherwise would not be cutting off your nose to spite your face--it would be cutting off your head to spite your face.

But as I said in the other thread (the one about the stuff tossed in the trash), I would be perfectly willing to to sacrifice one-half of the Florida Legislature, i.e. the House, for 2 years to send a message. Then they will fear you. Organize something like (a boycott of ALL Florida House GOP candidates that are not hard core 2A, even in the general election) and you WILL get some attention.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

tector wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:06 pm My 2 cents: never gonna happen. You have a classic "cart before the horse" problem here. This will get shit-canned like the stuff did during the regular session did. Unless and until you inflict actual, demonstrable pain on the Florida GOP, they will ignore you for the simple reason that is has always worked before. Look at them, they have Governorship and both houses of the Florida Legislature (quite comfortably on the last two). Why risk doing something new?

The Governorship is too powerful to threaten over this--I am voting for DeSantis no matter what. Doing otherwise would not be cutting off your nose to spite your face--it would be cutting off your head to spite your face.

But as I said in the other thread (the one about the stuff tossed in the trash), I would be perfectly willing to to sacrifice one-half of the Florida Legislature, i.e. the House, for 2 years to send a message. Then they will fear you. Organize something like (a boycott of ALL Florida House GOP candidates that are not hard core 2A, even in the general election) and you WILL get some attention.
You're not thinking long term.... he wants to run in 2024. Right now, his competitors are cleaning his clock on 2A issues. Down ballot, a lot of Republicans want to run for higher officer, they're facing a higher number of primary challengers too. Plus, DeSantis spent $75k against Simpson in his own district because Simpson killed a anti-union bill that DeSantis backed.

Stop being negative and GET IN THE FIGHT.

There is a lot of work being put in behind the scenes right now be me and others. Right now, EVERY EMAIL COUNTS.

Your idea would never happen.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
tector

Post by tector »

If Trump drops out, DeSantis will be the front-runner. Tom Cotton? Josh Hawley? Ted Cruz? Nikki Haley? Little Marco the Warrior?

If Trump doesn't drop out, DeSantis very likely waits until 2028.

A special session of the Florida Legislature has nothing to do with it. It is very possible to become monomaniacal about one subject. It has obviously happened here.

Take some GOP scalps, then they will care. Not until. And DeSantis is the wrong target for scalping.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

tector wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:53 am If Trump drops out, DeSantis will be the front-runner. Tom Cotton? Josh Hawley? Ted Cruz? Nikki Haley? Little Marco the Warrior?

If Trump doesn't drop out, DeSantis very likely waits until 2028.

A special session of the Florida Legislature has nothing to do with it. It is very possible to become monomaniacal about one subject. It has obviously happened here.

Take some GOP scalps, then they will care. Not until. And DeSantis is the wrong target for scalping.
And the other thing that has to be done is "decouple" Constitutional carry from "Open Carry." Honestly, I think too may people imply "Open carry" with Constitutional, and that is what's killing it in FL. We all know "The Rodent" and the FRF don't want open carry in FL and they will do all they can to fight it and "incentivize" the FL legislature accordingly. If we could get "constitutional carry" for "concealed only" in FL, that might be possible. Otherwise, I don't see it happening in FL unless "The Rodent/FRF" get something in return... most likely "No gun Signage" that has the force of law (like Texas).
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Well, apparently, per Rep. Sabatini, that's exactly what they're going to do.....

Like I said above, I hope they keep OC out of it and pass it solely for Concealed carry. Otherwise, I hope they can keep "The Rodent/FRF" at bay and not pass the "force of law" no gun singage with it.

I told ya, I think this rift Gov. DeSantis and "THe Rodent" might yield some positive results for us!!!!
Last edited by FfNJGTFO on Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tector

Post by tector »

I think he called a special session to deal with redistricting--but as I understand it, other things can be added to that agenda.
tector

Post by tector »

Here's the article I read--there might be several other things brought up.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-p ... e-session/
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

CNN says the special session is being called for re-districting, but concealed carry is also being considered.

from https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/29/politics ... index.html
DeSantis said he will call lawmakers back to Tallahassee next month for a special session to redraw district lines.

DeSantis has demanded a map that eliminates the current 5th Congressional District, one of four Black plurality to the districts in the state, and he previously proposed his own map to do just that. The district connects Black communities from Tallahassee to Jacksonville and is represented by US Rep. Al Lawson, a Black Democrat from Tallahassee. Opponents say DeSantis’ proposed map unconstitutionally diminishes the say of minority voters in the state.

Florida is one of just five states without a finalized map, which is required by states every 10 years following the US Census.

“Our goal in all of this is to have a constitutional map,” DeSantis said.

The Republican-controlled state House and Senate passed a map earlier this month despite a threat of a veto from DeSantis. The proposal also included a backup map that closely adhered to the current map, with some adjustments to include a 28th Congressional District added after the most-recent US Census.

DeSantis said he may also ask lawmakers to consider during the special session passing a new law to allow residents to carry firearms in Florida without a permit. Gun owners in Florida currently must obtain a concealed weapons permit to carry a firearm in public.