I Remember When

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 Guy

I Remember When

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... nd+archery

FSN get togethers at Area 51, Manatee Gun and Archery
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Good times were had by all!
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

I couldn't make that one but I do see a few old familiar faces.

Bill A, Steve, Tom D and, Tom F.

And a couple others whose names escape me.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Man I really miss those days it was great meeting up with members here. There are some really great people who graces this forum. Use to camp out there during our shoots to. Saw Sweep in his top hat in video :D thank you for posting it.

Then the range nazis became uppity and decided they no longer want our kind there. I'll never forget the last shoot we had there. They basically kicked us out of area 51 accusing us of being unsafe. That was staged to. We'd not even be shooting, we'd just be sitting there talking with a cold range waiting for them to show up.. The powers to be would come back saying we were being unsafe and shooting over the berms among other stuff when we were not even shooting. We did everything they told us to do. But nope they wanted us gone and they were determined to shut us down.

The basically called us liars we were shooting when we weren't. It got to the point they'd come running when we went hot and they heard us shooting calling a cease fire accusing us of breaking some other rule. ​They would pull the golf carts just out of site and wait till we started shooting then come running accusing us doing something. Turned out it was the main range and other range right next door that had an event that day that was unsafe.

They wanted us to get one million dollar liability insurance coverage to rent area 51. Then a bunch of other stuff. Then just said we can no longer rent area 51 for some made up reason. Yet other groups could rent without any of the restrictions they imposed on FSN.

It was a big mess and we went back and forth for a about a month with someone in charge there, forgot his name. He changed his story so many time as to why and then imposed the new restrictions on FSN including a one million dollar liability insurance policy. Just because of the legally owned weapons we were shooting.

Sad day when the new antigun elitists took charge of Manatee. It is a joke now what you must do to join and shoot there. That is if they allow you to join now. They want a certain type of member now. To be fair though I do not know what they require to be a member now. They change requirements so often who knows.

Manatee Gun club wanted to get rid of people like us. They wanted to service the influx of northern shooters coming into area and wanted to change their image I guess to an exclusive members only gun range. I guess these northerners back then did not feel safe with us there with the guns we shot. They started complaining about shoots like ours.

That was what I was told by a friend or rather exfriend who was an RO there and did something on the board. He'd tell me no one needs rifles like we shot. That Manatee wanted to do more competition type shooting and they wanted to create a new image. What ever that meant. But either way I ended our friendship after that. He owned nothing but bench rest bolt guns.

The last time we shot there was screwed up and they way they treated up was really bad.

I miss our get togethers and meeting all of our members that came. :cry:

Met up with ospreys and a few others a time or two and camped out at the gun range down south off of I-75 can't remember name of it. Those were fun too.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
George W

Post by George W »

Somewhere, I still have the shirts. I doubt that my fat ass could fit in them now though. I really miss those shoots. It was great being there with the kids.
Casual

Post by Casual »

Lmao.... I wrote Moe on the vest.... so scandalous :lol: :twisted:
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

You did the same out at my old farm Casual,LOL
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

P5 Guy wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:38 am https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... nd+archery

FSN get togethers at Area 51, Manatee Gun and Archery
Can you point to the video because I couldn't find it? Your link is for a Youtube search.

ETA: Found it.

osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:34 pm
Sad day when the new antigun elitists took charge of Manatee. It is a joke now what you must do to join and shoot there. That is if they allow you to join now. They want a certain type of member now. To be fair though I do not know what they require to be a member now. They change requirements so often who knows.
If what I've been hearing is true, and I have no reason to believe otherwise - things have changed (again) and Gene "Gunny" Pitts is back in charge of Manatee and that would be a good thing for us. I may run out there later this week and see what's going on.

For those of you who don't know Gene and how he was railroaded by the old regime - you may recognize his face.

Gene has been associated with MGC since the inception of the club back in the old 'Lena Road' days when the club was next to the county landfill in the late 70's.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Can you point to the video

There was 3 or 4 other videos from year to year. Sweep had a great one with IPSC Scott on the PIG shooting from the hip.