What is the word about eforms?

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
neverenoughguns

What is the word about eforms?

Post by neverenoughguns »

It is my guess that ATF was slammed in January. I have yet to see reference to the first form 4 eform being approved? Anyone seen something? What is you best guess? 90 days seems unlikely to me if they haven’t even started the process.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

a few people have posted but they have all been flukes, 1 or 2 dealers tried to post redacted approved form 4's on Facebook and got eaten alive, claims that they were just trying to generate extra NFA business their way and it backfired.

the new eforms F4 wasn't really active till Jan 14th IIRC

I have a squeeky clean deputy sheriff that we efiled on the 17th of Jan, with electronic prints so he's my official marker if you would call it, on the new efile system......Silencer Shop claims to have held 8,400 forms :roll: ( brag/marketing lie whatever ) that they were to be upload instantly as soon as the system came online, but as someone who can see the Dealer Porthole, I can tell you, the number of dealers that are bitching on a daily basis about this or that, its still a huge a clusterfvck and still a huge work in progress with many problems ....

our biggest problem is none of our local LEO places are allowed to give you your prints on a thumbdrive or let you install a thumbdrive in any LE department computer for fear of virus etc ( BS ) .....most use a 3rd party company that you must pay for your prints and they now OWN your info and your prints and don't wanna give that up.....not at least for FREE, many Silencer shop customers are finding their prints are being held hostage in those Kiosks and there are problems between the kiosks and the new efile systems on a daily basis, these customers want their prints and they are not being released, so they are seeking to get re-printed and go outside the SS network-kiosk and just efile themselves, thus costing them an extra fee in paperwork. We haven't severed out relationship with SS, but are pretty close to.

remember eforms is still down every Wednesday for maintenance :roll:

IMPORTANT NOTE : if you do get a copy of your prints DONT TRY AND OPEN IT....via ( livescan ) supposedly that .eft file is corrupted if you try and open it if you do not have the software to do so, Im not in IT or an egg head only what the guy at Safesky fingerprinting place told me. they had some people that they printed and try to efile and eforms didn't take it, cause they said they tried to open the .eft file to view it.
neverenoughguns

I have two applications that were certified on 1/16 so I guess we will see but I’m not really anticipating 90 days to work out. My prints were already on file with Silencer Shop
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I'm almost completely ignorant about the process, but I still have the fingerprint card I sent in and got back when applying for concealed carry in Florida a long time ago. Is that not good enough, would I have to get all new prints?
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

zeebaron wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:30 pm I'm almost completely ignorant about the process, but I still have the fingerprint card I sent in and got back when applying for concealed carry in Florida a long time ago. Is that not good enough, would I have to get all new prints?
its a specialty card, FT-258 and some other ATF jibberish printed on there, better just to get re fingerprinted not knowing what is on your cards, meaning its not worth the hassle of getting kicked back for the wrong cards
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

If you are doing an eform 4 look for a place that does the prints digitally. I think prints have a 1 year limit on them from the time they are taken.

I guess I will see how the Form 4 wait will truly be. I am one of the people that is stuck in Form 1 hell for a suppressor and I dont plan on responding to the entrapment email they sent. That will end up being denied and I will get my $200 back. In the meantime, I was in the right place/ eight time and did a trade for an Otter Creek OCM5, which should be going to my dealer by the end of the week.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Flashooter22 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:09 pm If you are doing an eform 4 look for a place that does the prints digitally. I think prints have a 1 year limit on them from the time they are taken.
finger prints don't expire, only issue is if you loose a digit ( entire new ballgame and hassle ) , normally your prints never change
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Flashooter22 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:09 pm If you are doing an eform 4 look for a place that does the prints digitally. I think prints have a 1 year limit on them from the time they are taken.

I guess I will see how the Form 4 wait will truly be. I am one of the people that is stuck in Form 1 hell for a suppressor and I dont plan on responding to the entrapment email they sent. That will end up being denied and I will get my $200 back. In the meantime, I was in the right place/ eight time and did a trade for an Otter Creek OCM5, which should be going to my dealer by the end of the week.
I'm on another forum thats more active/geared towards Form 1 stuff and there appears to be some movement on that...

From what I've read, a few people have indeed gotten approvals after some communications with the examiner. Namely, that they planned to make the components required from scratch once approved as opposed to using a "kit".

Take that with a grain of salt though, its the internet.

I have a F1 can, and was actually thinking about another for a MP5K thats been also been stuck in F1 limbo for awhile now after being denied once already. But I think it may not be worth the trouble and might just start looking a F4 cans for that if/when approved.
George W

Post by George W »

While I was at Tampa Tactical picking up 4 of the suppressors that were finally approved, I bought a YHM integrally suppressed 10/22 barrel. It is going through the E-file process. Today, the dealer did the certification, so the clock officially starts today. We will see how it goes. The last batch took 311 days start to finish, so anything quicker will be an improvement.
neverenoughguns

Anybody seeing electronic form 4s come back yet? Have two certified middle of January and one middle of February. Hoping for the best.... did submit the paperwork through Silencer Shop.