Shooters World (Tampa) new range rules suck

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

The only reason I go to Shooter's World is if someone I'm meeting for a BST wants to meet in the parking lot.

I went there one time with a CCW class I was teaching, never again. The range personnel were rude and the fees were too high for what you got in return.

I prefer to go to Florida Firearm Academy on Hillsborough Ave. It's a much smaller indoor range and it's only a max of maybe 25 yards, but at least they are friendly. I pay the LEO rate but I think the regular rate is like $15 and no time limit I'm aware of.

I also like the outdoor range in Ruskin where they have the Outlaw matches. Very friendly atmosphere.

But SW....nope. I wouldn't shoot there if they were the only one in the state.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Deputydave wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:41 pm I prefer to go to Florida Firearm Academy on Hillsborough Ave. It's a much smaller indoor range and it's only a max of maybe 25 yards, but at least they are friendly. I pay the LEO rate but I think the regular rate is like $15 and no time limit I'm aware of.
Nope, no time limit. $20 for normal members of society. Only place I like around here indoors, though I do sweat my ass off in there when it's warm outside. But maybe it's just because I'm fat.
Jedd

Post by Jedd »

New guy here, Hi to all.
i use Shoot Shack in Picnic FL, it's out between Plant City and lithia. Outdoor 100yd long gun only and a fifty yd handgun range. Bring yer own target, anything but glass or styrofoam, buddy of mine brought a life size Adam Schiff. Family run country folk, shoot whatever you bring. No, I have no affiliation with them, just been there a few times and don't need to try elsewhere. They don't stock ammo or range supplies and it's at the end of a rutted off road dirt track so best leave the Bentley at home.
cvo

Post by cvo »

I go to Hernando Sportsman's club when the 200 is open, I shot there today.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

flcracker wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:35 pm I stopped in at Shooters World Tampa after driving up from Sarasota for my semi-annual dental cleaning.
Hey man, why are you driving to Tampa for a dentist?
I have a great one on Lockwood Ridge I can recommend...and then if you want to do indoor with A/C shooting there is Take Aim on 301, been going there for many years!!!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Jedd wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:03 am New guy here, Hi to all.
i use Shoot Shack in Picnic FL, it's out between Plant City and lithia. Outdoor 100yd long gun only and a fifty yd handgun range. Bring yer own target, anything but glass or styrofoam, buddy of mine brought a life size Adam Schiff. Family run country folk, shoot whatever you bring. No, I have no affiliation with them, just been there a few times and don't need to try elsewhere. They don't stock ammo or range supplies and it's at the end of a rutted off road dirt track so best leave the Bentley at home.
What he said.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:25 pm Hey man, why are you driving to Tampa for a dentist?
I have a great one on Lockwood Ridge I can recommend...and then if you want to do indoor with A/C shooting there is Take Aim on 301, been going there for many years!!!
Been seeing my guy in Tampa for over 20 years and he's never caused me a bit of pain, so I stick with him like I would a trustworthy mechanic. But I'd be pleased to have your guy's name as a fallback - mine is getting ever closer to retirement. Will definitely check out Take Aim next month after the snowbirds leave.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Off To The Races wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:44 pm Lots of negatives listed, but $30 per hour to shoot paper and I'm out.
I'm with you! At $30/hr, I can do two hours at other ranges!