Remington settles with Sandy Hook parents

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Remington settles with Sandy Hook parents

Post by tector »

Hard to say from a distance, but it sounds like they (or, more accurately, their insurers) caved, IF this is accurate:

https://archive.ph/cWPLC
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I suspect the lawyers felt it would be a mistake to try to defend a case having left leaning overtones in a Connecticut court.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Allme

Post by Allme »

Well, if this is the president they want to set then folks should be able to sue the vaccine manufacturers for their garbage. Tit-for-tat. With the way the ATF is going to shut down 80%s and all their other shenanigans the government has pulled over the last 100 or so years the 2nd amendment might as well not exist.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I'm confused on this, is there not a federal law preventing gun manufacturers from being sued.

Found this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protect ... n_Arms_Act
The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) is a United States law that protects firearms manufacturers and dealers from being held liable when crimes have been committed with their products.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
TheHobbiest

Post by TheHobbiest »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:40 pm I'm confused on this, is there not a federal law preventing gun manufacturers from being sued.

Found this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protect ... n_Arms_Act
The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) is a United States law that protects firearms manufacturers and dealers from being held liable when crimes have been committed with their products.
Taken from the wiki you posted.

In October 2016, a Connecticut Superior Court judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by the families of some victims of the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting against the manufacturer (Remington), the wholesale distributor, and the retailer of the semi-automatic rifle used in the shooting. Judge Barbara Bellis ruled that the suit "falls squarely within the broad immunity" provided to gun manufacturers and dealers by the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.[20] In March 2019, the Connecticut Supreme Court reversed the lower court's ruling, allowing plaintiffs to continue their suit against Remington.[21] The US Supreme Court declined to intervene in ongoing litigation that had not been decided.[22][23]
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Did not know this thank you.

So I guess we can sue car makers, knife makers now. When cars are used as weapons of mass destruction by running them into a crowd of innocent people. How about when certain people murder innocent Americans by stabbing people fourty times or running around town stabbing and slicing people. This is B.S. blame everything except the criminal. Plus the SCOTUS is about useless anymore. They do not follow our Constitution or Bill of Rights.

Americans at this moment in time are getting extremely sick and tired of this crap and the power grab these illegally elected government officials are attempting. They had better start listening to the majority instead of the minority of the population. Oh wait they can't pull a political coup if the citizens are armed to the teeth.

There is a law that prevents law suits like this. But oh wait we have control now and laws do not matter anymore
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

So, if I have the story straight, a mentally defective 20 year old first shoots and kills his mother, then takes her legally owned AR to an elementary school and proceeds to shoot and kill 20 children and 6 adults and for some reason the gun manufacturer is at fault?

One of my many pet peeves is folks that text/finger fuck their cell phones while driving.
So what about the (I'm not going to look up the actual numbers right now) countless accidents with people maimed or killed due to inattentive drivers looking at their phones instead of whats in front of them?
Where are the law suites targeted at the cell phone companies, the cell phone service providers and the automobile manufacturers?
I've heard the argument that cell phones and automobiles are not designed to kill people vs. the weapon that is.
But folks using cell phones and driving automobiles simultaneously are killing and maiming people.
Why no outrage?
What am I not understanding?
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:10 pm So, if I have the story straight, a mentally defective 20 year old first shoots and kills his mother, then takes her legally owned AR to an elementary school and proceeds to shoot and kill 20 children and 6 adults and for some reason the gun manufacturer is at fault?

One of my many pet peeves is folks that text/finger fuck their cell phones while driving.
So what about the (I'm not going to look up the actual numbers right now) countless accidents with people maimed or killed due to inattentive drivers looking at their phones instead of whats in front of them?
Where are the law suites targeted at the cell phone companies, the cell phone service providers and the automobile manufacturers?
I've heard the argument that cell phones and automobiles are not designed to kill people vs. the weapon that is.
But folks using cell phones and driving automobiles simultaneously are killing and maiming people.
Why no outrage?
Well said....this lawsuit is utter BS and everyone involved in it knows it.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

This is a good breakdown of it all BS.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:37 pm
Jeepsnguns wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:10 pm So, if I have the story straight, a mentally defective 20 year old first shoots and kills his mother, then takes her legally owned AR to an elementary school and proceeds to shoot and kill 20 children and 6 adults and for some reason the gun manufacturer is at fault?

Why no outrage?
Well said....this lawsuit is utter BS and everyone involved in it knows it.

Yea it's utter bullshit as these courts of ambulance chasers make up rules as they go along instead of following law.
Lawyers want to impress everyone with "their" interpretation of words and show how smart they think they are when lawyers have complicated life to the enth degree.

While it could get over turned in the SC, nobody wins except the lawyers who get paid either way.

Just like the scumbag lawyer in WPB blaming the bridge tender for some old bag walking across the bridge with bells blaring, lights flashing and gates going down for being on the span going up and falling to her death.
Same as driving around flashing lights and down gates and getting hit by a train and blaming the train.

What do you call a 100 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean....a good start