James River Armory. 7.62x39 AK/AKMs

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
Gunnyhiway

James River Armory. 7.62x39 AK/AKMs

Post by Gunnyhiway »

Anyone familiar with these rifles ?
Polish parts, U.S. manufactured receiver, U.S. chrome lined barrel, all parts inspected for fit and wear, laser fitted FS trunnion and also bore sighted for front and rear sights. No canter front sight crap like so many I've owned in the past.
Excellent original wood stained and refinished.
One year warranty too.

My friend bought one, it looks like a real keeper to me.
He hasn't shot it yet and knows it's not going to have AR accuracy but wanted one for years now.
He shot some of the different AKs I went thu in the 1990s during my " AK phase" and didn't buy one for obvious reasons.

I did however, have one top shelf Valmet under folder I let go like a dumb ass.

What's your opinion on the JRA AK ?

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Ive seen their Galils and BM59 and other service rifle remakes, but I honestly think they are seriously over priced for what they are...I wouldn't pay those kinds of prices for an AK, Ive seen you WTB posts, honestly, if you're just looking for a shooter, why don't you look at the Palmetto stuff and just call it a day, anything "specialty " AK these days you are gonna "pay" for.

how can you beat this for $ 600
https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-ps ... e-odg.html
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

That does look very nice for the price.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
Casual

Post by Casual »

Ive got the James River Yugo RPK rifle. Yep its spendy $.. regrets. None... its a original parts kits build... expected a non chrome barrel... and yugo ammo is corrosive. So not surprised to have a darkish barrel