The New Reacher

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

The New Reacher

Post by TC6969 »

I keep hearing from people who are worried that this will be some woke bullshit with gays and transvestites and a bunch of liberal sounding dialog.

Forget it!

This show is almost dead on with the Lincoln Child's book.

This Reacher is a serious badass who comes across as a combination of Hulk Hogan and Sherlock Holmes, and takes NO shit from anyone!

You may watch with confidence.

EDIT: In episode 3 someone just gave him a .50 caliber Deagle, Its party time now!
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

Just watch the first episode, it is excellent action.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Hard to believe it's the same dude from Blue Mountain State!

lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

The movie Reacher was 10X better not sure why they trying to ruin the movie with a show.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

lakelandman wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:45 pm The movie Reacher was 10X better not sure why they trying to ruin the movie with a show.
The movie had some midget PLAYING Reacher.

Alan Ritchson IS Reacher.

Its like he stepped right out of the book.
Casual

Post by Casual »

TC6969 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:23 pm
lakelandman wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:45 pm The movie Reacher was 10X better not sure why they trying to ruin the movie with a show.
The movie had some midget PLAYING Reacher.

Alan Ritchson IS Reacher.

Its like he stepped right out of the book.
Haha Midget indeed :lol: :lol: :lol:
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Interesting y'all mentioned the movies. I actually liked the movies, but I understand that Cruise is nowhere near the right fit physically. From what I've heard, Ritchson is actually fairly close to the book character. That being said, the understated way he's playing it, really reminded me of the way Tom Cruise played it, but in a good way. Having not read the books, I don't know if that was a conscious decision by the actor or that's just the way the character is written, but whatever the case it works. This Jack Reacher is a bad@$$ who doesn't take crap from anyone. He's not a bully or an aggressive dolt, but he's very confident in his abilities. He doesn't go looking for trouble and goes out of his way to avoid getting into fights, but mostly because he doesn't want to hurt someone else unless he needs to. He also has a Sherlock Holmes level of intuition and observational powers, and it's a real treat seeing him analyze a situation.

I've only seen the first three episodes so far, and I'm hooked. It's a seriously awesome show.
My posts kill threads.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

cvasqu03 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:37 am I've only seen the first three episodes so far, and I'm hooked. It's a seriously awesome show.
I had to go ahead and binge all 8 episodes.

It gets a little out there in 7-8.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

OK, I finished watching it. It was really good. Good enough that it has me hoping we'll see more of this. As I hear there are a lot more books they can adapt.
My posts kill threads.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

It's definitely worth reading the books. Reacher is 6'5" in the books, strong but doesnt' work out. The books get a bit over the top at times, and once in a while I find myself saying "Oh, come on!", just like in a Hollywood action movie. Some of them are written first person, as well, which is peculiar.

Not my favorite series, but still a good pickup.