Roadside Assistance?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

Roadside Assistance?

Post by TC6969 »

I got dropped by AAA on the first and I'm shopping for a new provider.

So far, everyone wants to tow me to "their" nearest approved garage and charge me per mile afterwards if I want to go to mine.

I've asked what happens if I break down across the street from the approved shop, do I have to pay for a 99 mile tow just to get home? (No answer yet.)

Does anyone know of a roadside assistance provider that will tow me where I want to go instead of where they want me to go
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

never heard of anyone getting dropped by AAA, was this after getting towed during a previous incident / year ??

been a member 31 years, gold card Plus member, I use it probably once a year for something , jump start, key lock out, and usually not for me, I just act like its for me :mrgreen:
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I hadn't used anything all year.

When I tried to use the 100 mile tow that I paid for to go 86 miles, they charged me $500 and then dropped me for over use.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

TC6969 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 pm I hadn't used anything all year.

When I tried to use the 100 mile tow that I paid for to go 86 miles, they charged me $500 and then dropped me for over use.
wow, I always wondered about that, cause my shop is right next to that little auto shop and if I ever need it, I would want my vehicle towed all the way back to the shop, I would wanna use as much of that 100 miles as possible, I also have the road side asst with Geico, so I wonder if you could tell them take it as far as you will , then call AAA and have them take over from there ??
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

I have Geico and wondered about the road side assistance ,if it was of any use.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

TonyR wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:58 pm I have Geico and wondered about the road side assistance ,if it was of any use.
I just checked.

They will cheerfully tow you to the nearest approved shop.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

I have been paying for the gold plan for 12 years. I have the 4-100 miles towing and have used it before to tow right back to my house. Never had a problem.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

One of my TDPRI buddies just told me about AMA roadside assistance.

They have a three year deal for membership at $147 and roadside assistance is free!

They only offer a free 35 mile tow, but they go where I say go and not their choice of shops.

You don't even have to have a motorcycle, they cover cars, vans and light trucks.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Regarding AAA - I thought one needed an upgraded Gold membership to get them to tow you 100 miles anywhere you wanted to go. A regular membership has different rules.

I have AAA as I have a couple beater cars in the fleet! :lol:

I have heard that if you request more than three tows a year, they might drop you but you are the first I heard of that they actually dropped.

AAA was always pretty good for me other than a few times they had me waiting hours in the heat for the truck to show up. One time the driver refused to tow me were I wanted and then he towed me to his yard. They he wanted me to pay all these storage fees as ransom for an overnight stay. Then I had to have it towed again. I called AAA and told them what occurred and they cut me a check for his rip off fees that kidnapper charged me and AAA dropped him!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:48 pm I have been paying for the gold plan for 12 years. I have the 4-100 miles towing and have used it before to tow right back to my house. Never had a problem.
Well, that's nice.