Pop's Gun Club

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
osprey21

Pop's Gun Club

Post by osprey21 »

Someone on the AR15 board said they drove by Pop's place on US27 yesterday and noticed a for sale sign out in front of the property.

I did a bit of digging and it appears it was just listed yesterday with an asking price of $1,300,000.

https://www.trulia.com/property/7043225 ... s-FL-33332
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Here's the actual MLS listing
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

wow its been 15 years since Ive seen an over head aerial view of that place

I could see it having a commercial land value of that much, but I don't remember how much of that was wet and how much real building you could do out there to suit anything of substantial value. I seriously doubt SFWMD is gonna let you bring a bunch of fill in..... at one time the state wanted to buy or tried to TAKE that land and wanted to flood it, to ease the impact on Holiday Everglades Park :shock:

I still see Sharon's black Jeep, complete with overgrown grass all around it, as yard art in some of the pics.....lol
ss1

Post by ss1 »

You made me wonder about that, so I looked up the parcel boundaries and it looks like it is all dry. What I saw was interesting, to the north and south, it was surrounded by SFWMD and of course way behind was the FPL easement for the powerlines. But the little parcel at the entrance and a larger parcel behind the berm landlocked are parcels owned by Gateswell LLC which is owned by a Penelope Fritzer at 2610 NW 13th Ct, Ft Lauderdale who bought it at a tax deed auction in 1998 $12,220.51. The previous owners look like the were given the land for no consideration in 1986 and obviously let it go. The range I guess could be expanded if those parcels were acquired......

SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

I miss Dean.

Anyone with thoughts of "I could buy it and actually run a safe gun range", think again. All kinds of people had to do all kinds of things to prevent that place from being shut down over the decades.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

ss1 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:47 pm You made me wonder about that, so I looked up the parcel boundaries and it looks like it is all dry. What I saw was interesting, to the north and south, it was surrounded by SFWMD and of course way behind was the FPL easement for the powerlines. But the little parcel at the entrance and a larger parcel behind the berm landlocked are parcels owned by Gateswell LLC which is owned by a Penelope Fritzer at 2610 NW 13th Ct, Ft Lauderdale who bought it at a tax deed auction in 1998 $12,220.51. The previous owners look like the were given the land for no consideration in 1986 and obviously let it go. The range I guess could be expanded if those parcels were acquired......
I believe Dean died in 2000, dont know what happened in 1986, I was in high school

Yeah I remember when those people bought the tax certificates, when I worked for Steve Corn at Gins and Knives they were trying to figure out a way to pay the county but it was something like 28% interest on top of all the back taxes and wasnt worth doing they bought it trying to snag the entire property but someone stepped up and paid a portion of the other parcels or something. Curious how this will all play out now, they would still have to give access or maybe they thought they could hold out and force a hand or something. Its dry in the winter but wet in the summer.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

AFAIK, the Florida Shooting Range Protection Act only protects ranges that have implemented and continue to operate under Best Management Practices for lead abatement. One might wonder what sort of environmental liability or lead removal/cleanup responsibilities a new owner may inherit by purchasing a defunct shooting range.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
philasteen

Post by philasteen »

I'd purchase it as a private shooting club but the asking price on that parcel is way out of whack, even for South Florida.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

SteyrAUG wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:55 pm I miss Dean.

Anyone with thoughts of "I could buy it and actually run a safe gun range", think again. All kinds of people had to do all kinds of things to prevent that place from being shut down over the decades.

What about people with thoughts of "I could buy it and build my own house with my own private range that nobody else gets to use?" :lol:
My posts kill threads.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

cvasqu03 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:28 am
SteyrAUG wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:55 pm I miss Dean.

What about people with thoughts of "I could buy it and build my own house with my own private range that nobody else gets to use?" :lol:
1.3 Mil will get you a lot more property in a lot nicer area with lot more.....well you see where I'm going with this.