Pop's Gun Club

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Post by tector »

rentprop1 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:20 am
cvasqu03 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:28 am
SteyrAUG wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:55 pm I miss Dean.

Anyone with thoughts of "I could buy it and actually run a safe gun range", think again. All kinds of people had to do all kinds of things to prevent that place from being shut down over the decades.

What about people with thoughts of "I could buy it and build my own house with my own private range that nobody else gets to use?" :lol:
1.3 Mil will get you a lot more property in a lot nicer area with lot more.....well you see where I'm going with this.
Yes.

But it is a totally unique property here. If you work or have a business locally, and wanted something like this, this is the only this around. I mean you can be in downtown FTL in 20 minutes. You'd have to go down to the Redlands or up to Shitsville PBC otherwise.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Supposedly the realtor has 3 offers at the asking price.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
MightyHd

Post by MightyHd »

Now that’s a name I haven’t heard of in a while. I remember all the static going on years ago; what a mess.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

osprey21 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:36 pm Supposedly the realtor has 3 offers at the asking price.
I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the title co, just to see how it plays out with all the past tax lien BS. Those title people sure are gonna earn their money on this one.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

rentprop1 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:20 am
cvasqu03 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:28 am
SteyrAUG wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:55 pm I miss Dean.

Anyone with thoughts of "I could buy it and actually run a safe gun range", think again. All kinds of people had to do all kinds of things to prevent that place from being shut down over the decades.

What about people with thoughts of "I could buy it and build my own house with my own private range that nobody else gets to use?" :lol:
1.3 Mil will get you a lot more property in a lot nicer area with lot more.....well you see where I'm going with this.
Yep, and the lead cleanup responsibility is probably the least of what has gone on with that property in the last couple decades. Even lots of LE people had to look the other way on a lot of things because at the time they were using the range.

Then the "special key / fence club" was created and then there was a new lock. Then there was the "help me I burned down my house" shooting club and then there was a new lock.
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

If the back stops are crushed limestone lead isn't a issue. Limestone is a natural sequestering for lead. When the EPA attempted to shut down Trailglabes no lead exceeding the minuscule amounts set down by them were found. That where the sequestering effect was found.
BTW, any area near any highway in use for more than a decade before lead was was banned as the octane booster in gasoline far exceeds any gun range, anywhere.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:11 pm Then the "special key / fence club" was created and then there was a new lock. Then there was the "help me I burned down my house" shooting club and then there was a new lock.
I paid 3 "lifetime memberships" over there.
tector

Post by tector »

I don't think CERCLA is applied to property to be used as residential. Now if the buyer tried to run this a commercial gun range, then they need an enviro lawyer to vet the issues.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Legio wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:15 am
SteyrAUG wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:11 pm Then the "special key / fence club" was created and then there was a new lock. Then there was the "help me I burned down my house" shooting club and then there was a new lock.
I paid 3 "lifetime memberships" over there.
Thankfully I only fell for that BS once, but I did have to help put up a fence. What was worse was after all that, her retard meth friends like cowboy Dan working on his "quick draw" didn't pay shit and never showed to help with a fence project or property clean up.
tector

Post by tector »

Did we find out what happened on this prospective sale?