Think THIS Is Cold?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

Think THIS Is Cold?

Post by TC6969 »

I called a rep from BP motor club in Idaho who mentioned having to work from home.

I asked, " Do you have your bunny slippers on?"

She said, "No! I'm wearing my UGG boots, Its -25 here, and its going down to -40 tonight!

-25 at 2:00 in the afternoon.

I cant even wrap my brain around that! :o
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

Too friggen cold for me!!!!
tector

Post by tector »

I lived in Michigan for 3.5 winters. Never again.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Grew up in Canada. Been there, done that. 45 years ago I came to Florida to visit my grandmother for three weeks, & never went back. GARY
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

GLobal warming.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

This is amazing weather just sucks when summertime comes.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

tector wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:39 pm I lived in Michigan for 3.5 winters. Never again.
A few years ago I lived up north for about the same amount of time. I don't mind the cold so much, but I definitely ended up with a tremendous dread fear of slipping and falling on ice. Jesus..busted my ass enough enough that I have a permanent clicking sound in my ankle now when I walk most times.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

30 years in Western NY

This is brisk, but certainly not cold.
tector

Post by tector »

zeebaron wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:47 pm
tector wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:39 pm I lived in Michigan for 3.5 winters. Never again.
A few years ago I lived up north for about the same amount of time. I don't mind the cold so much, but I definitely ended up with a tremendous dread fear of slipping and falling on ice. Jesus..busted my ass enough enough that I have a permanent clicking sound in my ankle now when I walk most times.
It would be that, too, now. Just don't need it.

I could live a cooler winter climate, but New England, upper Midwest, plains or intermountain West? Nope.

I have looked at some areas out West, but you have to very careful (your choices are also limited more if you want to avoid commie states). For example, I like southernmost Utah, along that I-15 corridor, basically St. George, Hurricane, Cedar City, etc. But there is enormous variation across small areas. St. George gets a whole 1.5 inches of snow on average in the winter. Cedar City, 50 miles up the highway, gets 45 inches. That's because St. George is about 3000 feet lower that Cedar City.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

I have no idea why people would choose to live in those places. I've been in the Atlanta area for the last couple of weeks and it's hit the high 20's at night, warming up into the 50's during the day. This range is just about as much as I think is acceptable.
My posts kill threads.