FSN fundraising/membership?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

Legio wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:56 am
I miss these days too. However, I can pinpoint the exact point when ALL forum participation went down everywhere. I still manage a few different forums and they all went down when Facebook and social media started. Most of the forums are now in Facebook groups, Instagram. Twitter took a lot of traffic because people spent so much time there they had no more to give to forums. Nowadays, if there are no videos and if they last more than 30 seconds, people don't come or stay. Only the hardcore stay.
I'm just now reading this thread (with interest since I just started a new forum).

I think we're seeing the pendulum swing back to forums, because people are leaving Facebook (like I did). When Facebook and other big tech social media platforms got "woke" and became defacto agents of the government (admittedly!) engaging in censorship, the exodus began. They overplayed their hand.

I was a member of multiple FB groups. I started several groups and pages on FB. I've abandoned them all. And, I'm seeing a resurgence of INDEPENDENT forums.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

@Racer88 I hope you're right.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

Legio wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:14 am @Racer88 I hope you're right.
Me, too!

I think there's already evidence of a big backlash against "big tech" social media. And, I think that pendulum is going to swing hard.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member