FSN fundraising/membership?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Patreon is the best way to manage things these days. You can set up all kind of benefits with it. And it encourages more donations, since so many people are already signed up for it and can add another subscription to their monthly bill easily.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

zeebaron wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:38 pm Patreon is the best way to manage things these days. You can set up all kind of benefits with it. And it encourages more donations, since so many people are already signed up for it and can add another subscription to their monthly bill easily.
I’ll look into it. Thanks.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

This weekend was particularly horrendous if anybody noticed.

I have been looking for hosting companies. I came back with a choice that I am submitting to you all. It is HostGator.

I can get a 3yr plan (added the automatic backup) for $130.88 (hatchling plan). I have enough funds available to cover the cost today. When all is done, you guys can reimburse me.

The only catch is renewal in 3 years is going to be double the price. We get a 60% for the initial 3yr contract. If anybody wants to check the options, it can be done here: https://www.hostgator.com/web-hosting

I am pretty familiar with HostGator. I had a few contracts with them and had a problem only once over several years and it was fixed in one call.

The bandwidth is unmetered, the disk space is also unmetered. This way, I can open the uploads for pictures and such.

The donators could also receive an unlimited email account ( user@floridashootersnetwork.com ) for example. I'll be working on a special rank for them too.

What say you?
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

$130 per year?
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Wakko wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:32 am$130 per year?
No, for the 3yr initial contract. 60% discount applied.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Easy yes. Good price for sure.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Do it! Set up a Patreon account so we can reimburse you.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Update on the price, since I register the domain with @SKSseven info and it is in Florida, there are no taxes so the price is now $122.78 for the 3-yr contract which will be around $300 when we renew in 3 years.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I've not used Patreon,, but just so long as I can put it on a card, you can count on me to kick in.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

REDinFL wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:21 am I've not used Patreon,, but just so long as I can put it on a card, you can count on me to kick in.
Well, for this little amount, we're not going to use Patreon which is not really designed for that one-time deal. When I am done moving everything, I will put the total and people will decide what to donate thru Paypal as a friend transfer to avoid transaction fees.