Drones with monitor and SD

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

Cell service and Wi-fi are NOT required for the drone to fly.

The units generally used their own proprietary signal from controller to drone and back.

Having flown my drones WAY out in the Gulf, there was no cell or wifi anywhere close.

Although you can fly the drone without a display, unless you're very familiar with your set up, I wouldn't recommend it.

The phone/tablet is for the display and the instrumentation.

If worse comes to worse, borrow a friend's phone and use that or find an old one with adequate horsepower and use the wifi to download updates and all that.

In the two photos, the one with the arrows shows the police cars and where I was standing during the drone photo shoot.

AD

ADulay

Post by ADulay »

And this is why you need a monitor/phone.

Lots of info on the screen if you want it.

AD

Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

I knew the drone would fly without the phone and the phone was so I could see through the drone's camera and to record and take pictures

The rep said I required phone service to DL the ap to an old tracker with no service. Was she wrong?

I have an old (2017) tracker that can call 911 and uses my WiFi as a mini computer so to speak but was I able to get the ap through WiFi on to that phone?

I saw a couple cheaper drones ($150-250.00 range) that come with their own display screens but without a SD card they will not record anything.

I am usually on the other side of a conversation on how to. It is easier to help someone than to e helped
Wizard78

Post by Wizard78 »

I have a DJI Phantom 3 that has it's own full controller without screen but I've never used it yet. :oops:
To many projects and toys. :lol:
Give me a call if you'd like to work out a trade at reasonable value.
"Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one."
revelation

Post by revelation »

I would like to get a drone like the DJI Mavic 3. It ways one ounce less than what the FAA requires it to be registered. I guess, accordioning to the FAA website and drone info I can not fly it higher than 400 feet and always have the drone in my vision. I live where there are 3 flight schools and a tremendous amount of seasonal jet traffic. Maybe I should just get on of those new Palmetto State AKV-9mm?
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
wadhvakartik22

Post by wadhvakartik22 »

I’m not certain, but I don’t believe that cellular service is necessary for a phone to work with a drone. mobdro
OKIE

Post by OKIE »

I've been looking into this for quite some time now, finally got off my wallet and got a DJI Mini 2 fly more kit. Used my Galaxy S9+ phone and now have a Galaxy a7 Lite tablet. It's WiFi only, so I'll use my phone as a hot spot so the compass will work. The 8 inch screen will be nice.

Cell service is only needed for the compass, for location. You can fly without it though. After DJI updated the fly app, we now have to have a device that has a 64bit processor, the old 32bit ones no longer work, unless you can get an older version from DJI.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Are they easy to fly or at least learn to fly. I crash those stupid toy drones :lol:
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
OKIE

Post by OKIE »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:23 pm Are they easy to fly or at least learn to fly. I crash those stupid toy drones :lol:
Mine is very easy, they almost fly themselves. You just tell it where to go. At liftoff, my drone goes up about eye level and hovers, waiting for me to move it. Check out a few you tube videos, the more you spend the better you get.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

my latest toy, Autel Evo 2 Pro 6K Enterprise with 8" Smart Controller.
well worth its $4250 price tag

Last edited by Slartibartfast on Sat May 14, 2022 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !