Report: Florida on Track to Become 22nd Constitutional Carry State

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Deputydave

Report: Florida on Track to Become 22nd Constitutional Carry State

Post by Deputydave »

Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

But you’re still gonna need that carry permit to buy a gun, & take it home today. Even if the law passed, I for one would prefer to carry concealed. GARY.
tector

Post by tector »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:29 pm But you’re still gonna need that carry permit to buy a gun, & take it home today. Even if the law passed, I for one would prefer to carry concealed. GARY.
Constitutional carry ≠ open carry.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

tector wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:00 pm
N4KVE wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:29 pm But you’re still gonna need that carry permit to buy a gun, & take it home today. Even if the law passed, I for one would prefer to carry concealed. GARY.
Constitutional carry ≠ open carry.

Depends on if and how the bill gets amended if and when it reaches the Governors desk. From the article;

Rep. Anthony Sabatini (R) has already introduced legislation to do away with the concealed carry permit requirement for Floridians. Open carry without a permit would also be legalized by Sabatini’s bill.
tector

Post by tector »

I am just saying it is not automatic. It is a separate issue that can be added on or not.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

It will be interesting to see what and if. Depends on the Rep actually doing their job, including the rinos.
tector

Post by tector »

The odds on CC are decent. Including OC, I doubt it. But I would never be happier to be wrong.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

One of the benefits to having a CWL is reciprocity - the ability to carry in other states that recognize Florida's license. The states that I routinely travel to or through do not have constitutional carry and no provision for reciprocity with those that do. For that reason alone, I would maintain my license, even if not required here.
tector

Post by tector »

Odessaman wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:01 am One of the benefits to having a CWL is reciprocity - the ability to carry in other states that recognize Florida's license. The states that I routinely travel to or through do not have constitutional carry and no provision for reciprocity with those that do. For that reason alone, I would maintain my license, even if not required here.
That and no waiting period. I want CC on principle, but I'll take bonus coverage, too.
George W

Post by George W »

As long as Publix and the Evil Rat are calling the political shots here, we'll never see OC.