Alec Baldwin: I didn't pull the trigger, I swear!!!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

pharmer wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:54 am
That's happening now. Joe
We seem to live in a bizarro world, pharmer.

Very much appreciate calling me Joe, Sir. But for my group, nobody has called me Joe in a long time. Thanks for reviving the memories.
Let's Go Brandon
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Wulfmann wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:08 am He said he cocked the pistol as directed by the woman he shot and killed.

He claims he did not pull the trigger but dropped the hammer.

It is not impossible he did not pull the trigger but when he dropped the hammer the gun fired meaning he fired the pistol either way

He claims he did not pull the trigger because he knows not to by his training when it is pointed at someone as it was he knew not to do that

Well doomass, if you are supposedly trained than you would know the first thing you do when anyone, even God, hands you a firearm you open the gun to check if it is loaded. Did you do that doomass?
No, guess not

Guilty of manslaughter but I guess that only applies to someone who is not a left wing commi
Totally agree with Wulfmann on this.
You have to manually cock the hammer on a Colt single action revolver, before firing it
His thumb could have slipped off the hammer while he was cocking it, letting the hammer fall, striking the primer hard enough to discharge the cartridge.
On the other hand, he may have fully cocked the revolver, and was in the process of decocking it, when his thumb slipped off the hammer, discharging the revolver.
At the time of the incident, he was practicing cross draws, getting ready for the scene to be filmed.
It is very reasonable that he cocked the hammer as he drew the revolver, and either of the above could have happened.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

If he fired by cocking, possible but still if then he just screwed himself by admitting he cocked the hammer.
I certainly have no reason to believe he meant for the gun to fire but his actions caused it to fire even if unintentional

It would be the same as rolling up to a school bused stopped and you meant to hit the brakes but accidentally hit the gas.
You may not have meant to accelerate but you did and you are the one responsible if you hit and killed the kid and saying you swear you hit the brake is negated by the results

If justice is really blind Baldwin goes to jail for manslaughter
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Wulfmann wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:08 am He said he cocked the pistol as directed by the woman he shot and killed.

He claims he did not pull the trigger but dropped the hammer.

It is not impossible he did not pull the trigger but when he dropped the hammer the gun fired meaning he fired the pistol either way

He claims he did not pull the trigger because he knows not to by his training when it is pointed at someone as it was he knew not to do that

Well doomass, if you are supposedly trained than you would know the first thing you do when anyone, even God, hands you a firearm you open the gun to check if it is loaded. Did you do that doomass?
No, guess not

Guilty of manslaughter but I guess that only applies to someone who is not a left wing commi
The problem is live guns on the range vs. movie gun on the set.

First we are talking about a SAA, you can't just check the chamber. And even if you did, would YOU be able to tell the difference between a live round vs. a blank just by looking at the back of it in a cylinder gate?

Not here to defend Baldwin, but ultimately the person who loaded the firearm is the responsible party. They should be able to tell at a glance if they are loading live rounds vs. blanks and there should NEVER be live ammo anywhere on a film set.

Actors are not gun safety shooters, they regularly point guns at people and pull triggers. What any film shootout and it is impossible to practice "gun safety" in any meaningful way.

I think Baldwin is a major league Ahole but responsibility is on the gun wrangler and not the actors who generally don't know dick about guns. Now if it was a personal firearm OFF the set, then different story. The person with the live firearm is personally responsible. But Baldwin would probably never personally carry, that's a lot of responsibility to accept. He has "people" for that stuff.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

Baldwin should hire Smollet and Smollet should hire Baldwin. As PR guys for each other.

For all we know, they already have.
Let's Go Brandon
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Many years back, there was someone who propped up and AR in the corner of a room and put an internet camera on it--live on the web.
He said that since he keeps hearing how guns kill people, he wanted to capture the event when his went on a killing spree.
I guess he should have used a old western 6 shooter!
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE and NEVER TALK TO THE PRESS.
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

Legio wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:21 am NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE and NEVER TALK TO THE PRESS.
Yeah... I don't know who his lawyer is, but he or she should be fired.
They are allowing him to talk way too much.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Be Sgt. Schultz.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

I have every reason to believe that the DA is hoping that Baldwin gives another interview. Two-hour long this time. Sort of a "You're a good man, Charlie Brown" Christmas special.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -says.html
Last edited by Ricordo on Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let's Go Brandon